Best Affordable Indiana Jones Whip?

spiderfan11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I'm putting together an Indiana Jones costume, and one of the biggest issues I'm having is trying to find the best whip within my price range. I currently have two options, one is the newer deluxe whip from the Todd's Costume site (10 foot for $130) and the other is from a seller on eBay. There are links to each below. If anyone has purchased from either or both of these sellers and would like to chime in, I would appreciate it.

The todds costume, 10 foot 12-plait
Todd's Costumes, Props, and Collectibles - IndianaJonesStyleBullwhip

The eBay seller... jrzjoe

I know that the more plaits the better the whip is usually, but I thought I'd ask our resident experts :)

Hope someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw THIS posted on COW today, & it looks pretty frakking outstanding for the price.

They have a TAN, 8 ft, 12-plait for $114.00.

Jrzjoe = piece of crap. I speak from experience - bought one because I didn't know any better. I do now.

Knowing nothing about Wild West Whips, and having never heard of a goat-hide bullwhip, I'd be inclined to go with Todd, simply because he has the best customer service of any vendor EVER.

Rick

Jrzjoe = piece of crap. I speak from experience - bought one because I didn't know any better. I do now.

Knowing nothing about Wild West Whips, and having never heard of a goat-hide bullwhip, I'd be inclined to go with Todd, simply because he has the best customer service of any vendor EVER.

Rick

Thanks for the advice, since that's the one I was leaning toward, I'm thankful that you chimed in. I suppose I'll probably go with Todd's, but I'll keep my eyes open for other deals as well.

The closest I've seen is a video by a young (but talented & apparently pretty respected) member at COW, using the 4 ft. model of that whip. *shrugs*
Thank you, that whip made some great cracks in that vid! Another question, what color should I get. Everywhere I go, I see a choice between brown and tan, which one is more accurate?

Thank you, that whip made some great cracks in that vid! Another question, what color should I get. Everywhere I go, I see a choice between brown and tan, which one is more accurate?
Tan, imo, it will darken naturally with use (& application of leather dressing)...

There is more to a whip than the plaits. Threes a long list. The question you have to ask yourself. Are you hanging this whip on your hip? Do you want it SA? Do you want to use it? In the long run adding a little bit of $$$$$$ will go a long way.

If you want a whip that looks like the whip just to hang on your hip or for display. Go with the one that looks the best to you. If you want a SA whip that will last and can crack well make a bigger investment.

You will save more money in the long run by buying quality whip that will last you a life time. Spend once.

There is more to a whip than the plaits. Threes a long list. The question you have to ask yourself. Are you hanging this whip on your hip? Do you want it SA? Do you want to use it? In the long run adding a little bit of $$$$$$ will go a long way.

If you want a whip that looks like the whip just to hang on your hip or for display. Go with the one that looks the best to you. If you want a SA whip that will last and can crack well make a bigger investment.

You will save more money in the long run by buying quality whip that will last you a life time. Spend once.

Listen to this man! John knows of which he speaks. I almost bought a cheap one years ago and decided to save up for a Joe Strain. best move I ever made.

KK2

Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it. I think I'm gonna go with the one from Todd's. As much as I would like to have a nice functional whip, I just can't justify spending the money, so it will have to be for display and costuming.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back