ID4 Sequels Ron Emmerich Confirms.

HypnotizeMinds

You wont find anything on imdb yet but interviwes with Ron have cofirmed that he has finished writing not one but two sequels to the 90's sci-fi film ID4. Some people may just shrugg it off but ID4 is something of a cult classic to me. I have the entire line of ID4 toys,trading cards and a couple props from the movie. So who else is looking forward to this?
http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1080661p1.html
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46831

Last edited:
Do we REALLY need two more films? I mean, I guess he's trying to find some way to get money, especially since he's been proven wrong about "2012" (and due to that, people probably aren't going to watch the TV spin-off). If he really wanted to do a sequel, he should have done it when he had the chance, while the movie still had interest.

Typically when you write TWO sequels like this it's a four hour story they cut in half and the second movie in the series can't really stand on it's own.

Seems like a shot at cashing in on the name to me. Can't imagine they can get the original cast back and generate the same feel. I'd love to be wrong, but it seems like a spin on the old govt adage of why buy one when you can get two for twice the price.

He should have had this ready right after the first hit when the studio would be really interested. The two sequels may be to give the studios 2 stories to choose from.

They destroyed the entire civilization... so what could possibly be next? Another War of the giant ants?

One way i thought about it was that the first movie involved the military arm of the race, with the civilians coming later after the first cleaned up the place.

It could be cool to see how the planet rebuilt and subsequently went back to hating each other and fighting over the alien tech that has fallen in their hands

There were some books written about what happened after the attack that weren't half bad. They also gave a history of the Aliens visiting Earth.

Who's Ron?

Ron7.jpg

One way i thought about it was that the first movie involved the military arm of the race, with the civilians coming later after the first cleaned up the place.
That sorta makes sense and could work.

It could be cool to see how the planet rebuilt and subsequently went back to hating each other and fighting over the alien tech that has fallen in their hands
Or... while fighting for the scraps, the new world government built a starship armada to go crush the bugs... oh wait... that's Starship Troopers.

Seriously... there's no way to go forward with this... they should just abandon it. The first one was derivative of other sci-fi movies... and no doubt the next ones will be too... for the love of all that is holy... do something else.

That sorta makes sense and could work.

Or... while fighting for the scraps, the new world government built a starship armada to go crush the bugs... oh wait... that's Starship Troopers.

Seriously... there's no way to go forward with this... they should just abandon it. The first one was derivative of other sci-fi movies... and no doubt the next ones will be too... for the love of all that is holy... do something else.

He will. Another godzilla flop or another Day After Tomorrow :lol

Only one good thing came from going to see Independence Day: seeing the Special Edition trailer. And even that turned out to be a total bust.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back