My Green Lantern movie Ring

I have been in the Green Lantern Ring inspired art making hobby for about 6 months now. I recently have been trying to replicate the movie ring. But unable to get the sides right. Here is what I have thus far! I am also still working on the face.
This prototype is alluminum grade 6061
DSCF0010.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0006-1.JPG

Last edited:
Hey that looks really good! I've been 3d modeling my own ring here the last few days too :) Gotta love GL! Can't wait to see more.

Do you have any ideas on getting the green face to look screen accurate?

I think zenix had the idea of cooking marbles to get that effect.

That ring is so baby smooth too, turned out awesome.

p.s. the middle finger man, the middle finger!

Edit: it's called Fried Marble

Last edited:
Looking good so far! :cool:thumbsup

But just remember, as was pointed out to Zenix in the other thread, the band needs to be tapered, with the band being thinner under the finger than the face is on the front. If it was my project, I'd do the tapering before I started making molds.

Also, something that I'm not seeing reflected in either project on the RPF... the actual movie prop has "nicks" or "chips" missing from the green gem, representing battle damage, to make the ring look old, as if it's seen quite a bit of use. The promo ring (the one that was sent out to a select few celebrities who, for the most part, probably didn't even have a clue who or what Green Lantern is :rolleyes) is where I first noticed them. The high-res images of that ring show the "battle scars" quite clearly.

Just some info that might come in handy if/when you decide to make an EXACT replica of Hal's ring. ;)

I can reflect battle damage more on the resin piece vs the Machined metal. as far as the tapered, We'll see I really wasn't planning on doing this but I wanted to do something big before the Triplets arrive! I hope this is up there.
Looking good so far! :cool:thumbsup

But just remember, as was pointed out to Zenix in the other thread, the band needs to be tapered, with the band being thinner under the finger than the face is on the front. If it was my project, I'd do the tapering before I started making molds.

Also, something that I'm not seeing reflected in either project on the RPF... the actual movie prop has "nicks" or "chips" missing from the green gem, representing battle damage, to make the ring look old, as if it's seen quite a bit of use. The promo ring (the one that was sent out to a select few celebrities who, for the most part, probably didn't even have a clue who or what Green Lantern is :rolleyes) is where I first noticed them. The high-res images of that ring show the "battle scars" quite clearly.

Just some info that might come in handy if/when you decide to make an EXACT replica of Hal's ring. ;)

Playing around with the face tonight. Not to bad for a test run and for the center I used some lime stain glass paint to the underside of the domes I use in almost all of my rings then backed with foil to give it a bit of that movie look. I will recast the face tonight and try to give it more of an emerald look rather than so dark! Excuse the dust on the first pic. Static from the first Resin cast.
DSCF0002-4.JPG
DSCF0004-4.JPG

DSCF0005-4.JPG
DSCF0007-2.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back