Replica Johnny 5 robot 13" figure

What a geat thread for posting mods to make it more accurate!

Nice to "meet" you, Mike! Are you also working on the other robot miniatures with Tom?

He has said he wants to do a few more. I can't wait to see this one in person!

That's totally cool, I'd love to get a Short Circuit 2 version...seeing as I enjoyed the sequel alot more than the original.

...it's missing the Nike swoosh, I'll have to improvise on that one. ;)

Johnny5ModelRevellPics002.jpg

Thanks Guys for all the comments, Just to show this is the Prototype model I built the toy version is based off the second version prototype with the second arms but all the details are still there

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for mine. The weather here is really messing up deliveries. Just looking at these pics makes me want mine even more.

I have just looked at your website, and I am simply blown away by the quality of your work! Totally awesome!!! I don't know where you get the time to make all the stuff that you do, but this is inspiring to say the least!!!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Hey Guys, an exact movie replica can be done to the J5 toy but you do understand the legal reasons why the detail is different and of course the name.....Right? That said I am glad you guys like the toy version and yeah if you got to see Tom's basement with all his movie robots and Sci-Fi stuff you'd **** your pants and still be crying!

The Toy J5 (Robot V) can be modified into any of the looks from either movie it was made to do exactly that, it's your template to work from! because scratch building one is way too hard so now the toy version is your beginning.....Cool Huh? Your Welcome!

Just a little history though, I introduced J5 at Wonderfest back in 2004 and yes me and Tom have other projects in the works but it is up to him in which we proceed, after all I am only the Designer and really like making movie robots that haven't been made into a model or toys yet, that's the kind of challenge I dig! And mostly like the 1/5th or 1/6th Scale size to fit with the other toy versions of the most popular movie robots.

Mostly I scratch build but when I find something I know hasn't been made then I make it, so far besides the Johnny 5 I did several robots of TOBOR, Jinks (Space Camp), Tik Tok (Return to Oz) Republic Robot (Tin Can), and still working on G.O.G. plus Sonny (I Robot 13 inch) plus Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man 13 inch) and really want to do the robot from "Chopping Mall" the Kill bots I think they were called "Protector Series"

So once again, Thanks for all the compliments and I hope to hear from you guys frequently

Regards,
Mike

Mine finally arrived just before Christmas and I'm now actually getting a second one. Been doing a small amount of touch up to it. Replaced the eye lids to be more accurate to the first film (next one will have the second film eyelids) and given it a bit of paint. It's a really great display piece and I'm glad I got one (two).

finally gonna start painting this little guy with some more detail. does anyone have any more ref pics of him from either the first or 2nd film?

also lets see everyone Else's customs thus far if there are more out there!

I bought the Blu Ray disc and can't find my DVD for frame grabs... Looking for reference as well.
And what to do with that battery door in the bottom?
Mike, what was that originally made for?

:D

Vaderman, the door on the shaft is where the red shut off button is with that screen listing any malfunctions and the timer clock.....Remember?

I too have heard that Monsters in Motion takes a long time to get products mailed out, but it is a business and doing what it can, plus they wanted to order ten more Robot V's from us but we are sold out and don't know if enough interest is warranted to make another batch....Tom's thinking about it.....we'll see?

Even one of the toy's was put up on e-bay and sold for over $400 bucks! WOW!!

And Yes, I also want to see what anybody comes up with by modifying the Toy J5 can't wait to see what others come up with!

Oh! Jedi Guy, the robot is of the 1/5th scale, fits in with the Masudaya Robby and LIS robot

Regards,
Mike

Hey Mike,

I was going over the videos on your facebook page and saw the mouth light and remote traction kit being displayed. Are you guys going to produce an electrical kit for robot V any time soon? I'm hesitant of cutting him to add my own LED and motion, but if you may have a kit coming out soon I would def give it a try!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back