Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

great stuufffff steve I will have to look at my old falcon piccies to see If I can catch you out anywhere, it would be good if you could put in the inspection hatch were r2 falls into ontop of han, fab!

This is absolutely fantastic Steve. I think it safe to say that you know more about the falcon than any single person on earth.

Thanks again guys!

Shaunsheep: I've left those access bays out for now, since they don't appear in the flooring of the ANH falcon (even though I've included the circuit bay from ESB, I'm trying to stick to calling on ESB faclon details only when filing in areas not seen in ANH)
I can't rule out some day remodeling everything for an ESB falcon walkthrough some day, but probably that won't be anytime soon.

Larry T, hah, thanks for the compliment. you would think so, but I still feel like there's a lot more to learn, and that there are folks who still know more than me. That said, I do feel like there are certain areas and details I've studied that escaped the eyes of even the most seasoned experts. Then again, if they missed one or two things I found, I probably missed a ton of things they found...

Atlanthia, Savmagoett, and Stormy, thanks for you comments!

so, I think I'm nearing the end of detailing the interior (as impossible as that seems) following is a list of details I still need to finish. I have to say I'm getting to know the falcon, and my model, well enough that I can walk around in it, without being in front of a computer, and point things out to myself that need work. here's the list:

remaining interior details:

(done) ramp hatch controls
(done) decals on instrument panels in cockpit (blue and red indicators, chewie's side)
(done) hooks for headsets in canopy rim
(done) canopy wiring
(done) finish details on very front of console
(done) finish circuitry on backs of console
(done) alternate colors for blink lights, red, blue and yellow/white[/S]
refine details on nav chairs (baristatic device/ejector chair details from reference)
inner wall at end of cockpit corridor greebles
straps and supports for hoses on the main hold bulkhead
(done)chrome cups with black rims for crash couch shelf
seat-belts for crash couch
the red and the white portable lamps in bunk
blaster rifle leaning on small couch
tools and rags for small tool tray
ceiling beams: pipes and greebles
remove, and put pipes behind, that upper piece of padding in the first section of opposite corridors
large pipes in ceiling
wires and greebles around circuit bay hatch
training remote to place on portable console
blast shield helmet for nav console
(done) greebles/wiring for recesses behind nav computer
more cups, and crumpled jacket/cloth for top of nav computer
(done) final greeble for nav computer lower panel
finish greebles and circuitry recess on side of nav computer
wire plugged from headset to navchair
(done) greebles and wiring for right hand recesses of main hold bulkhead
(done) increase turret ladder rung and strut diameter to 2"
finish turret panels
finish turret chair and quad-laser controls

intensive texture phase to follow

Last edited:
hah, yeah just about. "I'm almost done! right after I finish these 90 other things"

knocked a few out tonight, though (edited list from previous post. see above)

Last edited:

decals on instrument panels in cockpit (blue and red indicators, chewie's side)

attachment.php

hooks for headsets in canopy rim and canopy wiring

attachment.php

finish details on very front of console and finish circuitry on backs of console

attachment.php

alternate colors for blink lights, red, blue and yellow/white

attachment.php

Thanks guys.

well, so I've been mulling over my screen accurate claim for a while. I tried to address that a few pages back, but not to my satisfaction. Really, not to the standards set by the excellent and relentless research of other members for their projects on the RPF.

Up to this point, I've been modeling interior details through some blueprints, but mostly by eyeballing dimensions off of screenshots. Almost all of my greebles, aside from the Racal Minilite Headsets, are guesswork.

I think I should change that. but, man is this going to be an uphill battle.

I was able to determine, through reading back posts throughout the RPF, that the throttle levers in the cockpit are the same part that was used as C3PO's knee pistons. Getting that part so specifically set me off looking for other parts. Seemed like I could have some success. (I found a hi-res image of the piston, but had to guess it's size against a picture of 3PO and with Anthony Daniels height. Does 7" long sound right to anyone in the know?)

so then I decided I might be able to source the pilots chairs. I started with swivel bucket seats, and many looked ok, but not quite right. Next I noticed that cockpits in pre-ejector-seat planes had a very similar style bucket seat. But nothing fit. Finally I ran across a drag racing bucket seat that looked almost dead-on, minus the upholstery. But then, of course, I discovered that the manufacturer has only been in business since 1980.

well anyway, maybe some of you guys can help.

other big items I'm looking for are the panel sliders and rocker switches throughout the cockpit and main hold. They all look like they may have come from a single type of mixing board or something. All are wedge or rocker shaped with a black dot somewhere on them, and they're pretty big for sliders, maybe an inch and a half or more in length. let me know if that seems to ring any bells for anyone.

another item is the black scope on the dash, which has been suggested as an old camera part. Anyone have any insight into that?

the one item I've already got solidly referenced (though not yet perfectly modeled) is the Nav Chair.

any other help would be greatly appreciated!

...the pilots chairs.

Steve,

The cockpit had been built and dressed at Elstree in England - I think all the greeblies are most likely 100% of British origin - my guess on the front seats is they came from an English delivery / mini van (racing seats usually have sort of belt feedthroughs in or under the headrest). I started a thread a long time ago (in the replica prop section), asking for help but got no useful response back then.

I have several MB bangseats buried under piles of stuff in my workshop, and also the original Europallets as you remember... Just drop me a line in case you want me to take some measurements mate.

Good luck and once again kudos to you for one of the most amazing threads on the whole board :thumbsup

Cheers!

Thanks Falk,

it was this racing chair that got me thinking it could be from a drag racer.

547-100-140-01.jpg

ignoring the upholstery, the shape is almost dead on, so it's infuriating. This one, and one other seat out of a corvette (but a very recent one) are the only things that even seem to come close.

but both are easily eliminated by their dates of manufacture, their price and their location. I totally agree with your logic that the Elstree set dressers would get the cheapest thing they could find locally.

I guess what got me hoping was Lucas's obsession with speed, drag racing etc having a thread with that through American Graffiti, his interviews as Star Wars was released and design elements like the X-wing (where Colin Cantwell made his prototypes, following george's napkin doodles, by putting wings on a model drag racer body). I half wondered if he didn't make a special request for the cockpit. But still, I think your logic against that is sound.

I found a TON of swivel bucket seats from the seventies that are so, SO, SO damn close. A bunch with the same tan color and material, with leather backing and the horizontally ribbed seat cover. But aside from all that the curves on the heads rests are all way off. I keep hoping I'll find that One car, or van as you suggest.

My last hope is that it might actually be out of a plane. Either a pre-ejection seat fighter (the original bucket seat? Auto manufacturers hoping to capture the mystique of fighter planes?) or a bomber's seat, or SOMETHING. The pulled parts out of Rolls Royce Derwent engines (both types of hanging dispensers in the Cantina are from the same engine, not to metion IG-88 later) The Martin Baker Nav-Chairs, and all the other greebles they got out of junk yards for dollars to the pound (pounds to the kilo?). It would make sense if they found some bucket seats out of a plane and upholstered them in studio.

but... well after all that, the search continues. Thanks for the offer on the chair measurements. Those I've got down from another member, but I just have to get them squared away.

(edit: and thanks again, Falk, for the pallet measurements. As I expand the model and start other ones, it's damn handy to have an accurate build to apply to all the places they show up. Most recently for the ceiling of the circuit bay)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back