Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

I saw that yesterday and instantly thought of this thread. Good thing you already saw it. Fantastic documentary. Like a companion piece to rinzlers making of empire book.

It made me think of this...

article-2143371-130DC4DB000005DC-495_964x624.jpg

At about 4 minutes into the video they are showing Mark Hamill working on his coreography for the lightsaber duels...I think it's interesting that he is using a lightsaber that looks eerily similar to his ROTJ blade...unless it's Kenobi's lightsaber from the first film...just thought I'd throw that out there...

Thanks guys.

Trainman, it may be too complex to run in a gaming platform at the moment, but something along those lines has been much on my mind... stay tuned (but don't hold your breath...)

Ugh - the nose cone windows are such a tough one to nail. The proportions are so different from model to model.

Keep chugging! Fantastic work!

the proportions I have are from the interior cockpit blueprints, and yeah, they are way off.

I'm glad you saw that too though, nice to have validation on little "no one's going to notice but damn I have to fix that" areas...

:)

I've been erring on making the exterior look right. It seems the interior is more forgiving of the exterior's proportions with foreshortening being what it is and all...

just curious, how did you approach the octagonal scalloping on the nose window area? Took me forever to notice that. Honestly, it didn't even occur to me until I was looking at the amazing work going on over on the 5' ANH Falcon build thread.

It took a few tries, but eventually I did it with a bunch of offsets and then skinning the bevels.

Ideally it would have just been a simple profile sweep along the window edge, but the miters in the corners looked off - so it was a lot of manual surfacing instead.

Cor that comp shot is darn good! That's my daily MF fix all in one pic.

I was looking back at the idea Steve had of the ANH MF overhead box levers being used else where and the comparison with the Tractor Beam controls. The white stripe on the TB handles goes off centre, which got me thinking that the handle was possibly part of a screw-top type thing, with the white stripe painted inside a thread groove. Can see on the TB handle that the part was more completely circular.

I think they may well be the overhead box handles, just looking for a pic to compare it with.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back