Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

heh, I grant you that it's tiny with no argument. I was just pouring over the footage of the cockpit scenes, and watching Han awkwardly get into and out of his seat is almost painful. Not to mention that we never really see chewie get up or sit down. He's either entering the cockpit, or already seated. Good sport as Mayhew seems to have been, It must have been awful for him. A giant in a claustrophobic wolf-man costume, trapped in a tiny (and shrinking) movie set, under studio lights.

A-ha! Which furthers my conspiracy theory - if we never see Chewie's legs while he's seated, it really could have been Baker - he was standing on the seat!

Ok - I'll stop now...

Does it occur to anyone that if the ramp was moved to the other tube corridor and the cockpit access/gunwell segment was in the ramp's position, the interior would line up a lot more with the Tantive-style Millennium Falcon? Even the tubes and consoles at the back of the bay line up with the centerline on the Tantive and that it could be the port bay with a starboard bay mirroring it? The ramp would also slope down to meat the external ramp position on the Tantive. Makes me wonder if it was in the Tantive orientation until the last second and they just swapped things around and half-assed the angles.

I just seen a clip of your walk—through on the TV. It was on a show called Electronic Playground. They did a piece on the Millennium Falcon.

Scratchy, that's awesome. A friend of mine just told me she heard a piece about it on NPR too. This is getting really interesting...

rebuilding the Nav chairs from scratch, and photomatching it this time. I am WAY happier with this version.

attachment.php

Steve, your work is simply amazing. Can't find the correct word's to express my admiration for your effort of building an "inside" to the outside of the MF!

I have a Revell MF, and I intend to build it, thinking of using your 3D as a reference to a some details and a possible interior scratch detailing.

Regards,

GMendes

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back