Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Thanks guys!

DS Operative, your critique is spot on. I should definitely make those pistons telescope (or collapse, or actuate, or whatever verb is actually used there).

I was testing an animation plugin for the most part. Seems to work pretty well. I'm thinking about a new video walkthrough that includes animations of doors opening and closing, lights flickering, dice swinging, etc.

SUCCESSFUL TEST!!! :thumbsup

I can't wait to see what more you can do with the animiation! I love your ideas and I'm sure that it's going to look awesome!

The light parts get a fair amount of screen time in ANH, dotted all over the place - behind R2 on the X-Wing, several places in the cantine, two on M-HYD-6804 and on a big stick (vent post? lol) on the way to Bay-94.

They grey powder-coat on the shop bought lamps looks to be the same shade as inside the ESB Falcon too.

more video updates on the way, but in the meantime, here's an interesting detail I added.

On closer inspection of the Full Scale ANH Falcon, there are engine brackets (the same we were just discussing which show up in the stardestroyer's gunning station) on top of the docking ring... kind of weird. Anyone familiar with the ANH Studio Scale Falcon know if this details shows up on that model? I know for sure that the filming models in ESB don't have them.

attachment.php

you can just make them out in this photo of the ANH Half-Falcon. And they definitely show up on other pictures, once you know they're there.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey steve. I just saw your video. I was wondering what could be the look of the hangar when the falcon is entering it. The original miniature used for the shot had nothing to do with the set. Here is my try with the original MF element. I was wondering if you can give it a shot.

-Angel

I have thoughts on this...the Falcon is acting unmanned, so cannot land or open its ramp, so it would need to be suspended while the Empire access a port....probably the docking port.

There is a raised platform in the docking bay which would be the right height for an R2 unit to plug in at the starboard docking ring

starwars_deathstar.jpg

Sorry if this sounds nerdy but it does raise the question

J

I always thought that they can bypass some controls and extend the landing pads with several sensors. convient enough and i could expect something like that into an advanced space station..

Or can we assume (and possible alter the existing shots of the movie) that the ship are held magneticaly and then go with your theory with the R2 or death star opperators after searching the interior. :)
Or assume again that all this was done offscreen. Back to editing room mr J? :D

Steve a proposing idea. I was watching an other big project similar to yours that a group of people are trying to make the exterior and the interior of the Titanic and then convert it into Cryengine 3 so anyone can navigate and play with it.
It would be awesome to see the falcon in a playable way with so many functions and rich in content.

-Angel

well, while we're proposing things offscreen: I got carried away and started building up my version of the extended interior. This time with a bathroom.

Click the attached for some huge images.

Fantastic work man! BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the animated INT walkthrough. Its amazing how it feels to 'walk' around outside/inside that ship! THANKS for all your work on this!!

S,

GREAT JOB! Question: How difficult is it to align the quad lasers to the center of the ship? It looks doable with some "special modifications"... With the full scale MF gaining speed, I'm wondering if this will be an option or left to be sacrificed...

Thanks guys!

For my model accurate to the movie sets, the turret will always be in the wrong orientation, so that the ladder can appear as it does in the movies. I am, however, working on an integrated model of the interior and exterior for the FS Falcon Project, which will have the ladder/turrets in the correct orientation. Though there will be a corridor joining the turret access tube from the main corridor ring. A bit of a sacrifice, but ultimately worth it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back