Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Congratulation to you man, and I hope you can put that fantastic source of star wars blueprints to good use.

I wish I could get my hands on the book. Asked my wife if it was justifiable to buy one. She said NO!
I guess I have to start some big project so it will be.

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for the birthday wishes.

I hope you can forgive the long silence. I've had my nose in a book...

So many questions answered, and yet so many raised at the same time.

One fun tidbit I'll share quickly, something I never would have caught: there are plans for the laser turret room from the very beginning of the movie, you know: "Hold you're fire, there're no life forms aboard." Well, in that scene there's a window, and framing the window are a set of parts from the FS Falcon's exterior. Take a look across the top of the frame. Wanna guess what they are?

I never thought I'd see blueprints of those parts, but hey, voila, here they are in a totally unexpected place. Man I love this book.

swnh_0333.jpg

Ha, I wish. I've been staring at the styrene on my desk for a few days. I'm under the thumb of a design teacher who insists on the most tedious and time consuming assignments possible. Keep egging me on though, and you might just see something happen... heh.

No more excuses... open the styrene, grab an x-acto and a straight edge and get to cutting, young man! oh... you may need some adhesive...

Hi Steve, I was wondering if the book mentioned designer/producer names for any of the set dressings, such as Rodney Kinsman for the Omstack (Yavin base) and Tractor Seat chairs (MF and Death Star gunners) or Bieffeplast that produced some items that ended up in SW and Space 1999?

Ozzy, that's a great one, I haven't seen that before. funny caption to boot.
Pouring over the screen caps and behind the scenes pictures, it's weird how little certain details are actually shown. I'm almost sure there's not a single shot in the movie of that side of the FS Falcon (except possibly under the falcon itself, so not showing the side of the mandible.) Seeing this, it just makes me antsy to see more of this kind of candid shot of the set piece. there's got to be a ton more out there somewhere that just haven't seen the light of day.

Wavey, to answer your question, I haven't read anything in the book yet that mentions the designer/producers your bring up. Then again, I haven't read almost any of the actual copy in the book. Too busy pouring over the drawings themselves... I'll keep an eye out.

I'm not completely convinced the Bieffeplast tractor stool is a perfect match for the tractor seat in the main hold. There are more holes, for one thing, in the set piece. That said, it does look like a close match, and I'm not prepared to rule it out. As always, I'm definitely interested in pinning down the exact parts they turned into greebles, like with the Vickers lights.

Thanks for the input!

I'm not completely convinced the Bieffeplast tractor stool is a perfect match for the tractor seat in the main hold. There are more holes, for one thing, in the set piece. That said, it does look like a close match, and I'm not prepared to rule it out.

I was watching Breaking Bad and saw the chair that Walter and Jessie use in the lab and thought it looked a lot like the seat used in the falcon. So it could be a lab chair/stool

or a tractor seat bar stool

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back