Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Thanks Wavey. Definitely a help.

in the meantime, I'm thinking about building something, take a look:

screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-im1347131342.png-112279d1347199557

screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-im1347131421.png-112284d1347199971

attachment.php

GO FOR IT! Just jump in a do it... :)

Qrest Fourstar: Thanks!

Jaitea: Thanks. If I do complete this build, I'll have a set of schematics and decals, that could be adapted to any scale, that I'd be happy to sell to anyone who also wanted to build a copy. Watch out for the new thread when I get started! (I'll probably post a link to it here)

valdi: Thank for the compliments. I love sharing this stuff with you guys. There's only so much I can share with my girlfriend before her eyes start to glaze over. You guys are the audience I need to keep me going.

SofaKing01: I just started up school, and time is going to be tight for a while, but I definitely plan to jump in as soon as I can't stand waiting any more. (probably the next time I go out for supplies, I won't be able to resist getting the materials I'll need to get this started.)

Brinn 71: You got it! Too bad I don't own any 1:6 figures... there's always a chance my final model will be up for sale, or that I could do a run of consoles for interested parties...

Wavey and darthviper107: It also depends on the model. What I have here is in no shape for 3d printing. too many holes in the geometry. But I do plan to airtight some of the finer details and having them printed, like the Vickers lights and the 3PO-piston throttles. I'll probably also make sets of printable rocker switches in a sprue like frame.

Thanks again, all, for your replies.

SS,

You might consider scaling up a little if you're going to 3D print some of the materiel. I dont know how good eye sight is... :)

Also... looking at the 3D images you posted... did you change the dimensions of any of the panels? I know I was having issues with SketchUp when it was first installed and some of the dimensions came out wrong... but... did you change of the panels?

I'm hoping that the parts are small enough that if I get them printed, and they turn out for crap, it won't hurt me too much.

Hmm, so at 1:6 scale: the 7" throttle pistons should be 1 1/6", with a diameter of about 1/6"

seems like all the grooves and details could get a bit muddy when printed at that size. But then the alternative is to craft them myself on some kind of tiny make shift lathe. Long story short, I may end up agreeing with you and wishing I had scaled up. But at the moment, 1:6 fits my available desk space nicely. not to mention that if I end up building any more of the cockpit (and/or interior, god forbid) anything bigger than 1:6 is going to start really pissing off my co-habitants, lady friend and cats included...

I did change the dimensions of the upper and lower dashboards, so that they're more even, whereas before I had built them so that the lower dash was deeper than the upper dash. But all the pin-striping and layouts are about the same.

......but does it help with your project?......and how cool is it?

you're a lucky guy....you have great friends & an understanding girlfriend!

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back