Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Sounds good DS Operative, just keep me in mind when you get a chance. If you're referring to the positions of the stage lighting for the docking bay, I have those down pretty close, extrapolated from the shadow positions

I will definitely keep you in mind when I get to it... theres no way I could forget this epic thread! I hadn't even thought about stage lighting yet. I was mainly referring to the taxi lights (is that what you'd call those?) and various lighting on the panels and around the set.

a slightly better render of the cockpit with it's new textures. Plus the dice are in a little better focus.

attachment.php

Steve, really amazing work!

Like our friend, DS Operative, Your images are Inspiring me to do a Docking Bay 94 Diorama! Currently I am rebuilding a MPC Falcon to look like the Five footer as seen in the original Star Wars(1977)..I can see her in this dio!!!!

thanks guys!

ok, had a moment to myself and tried my hand at what I've been calling the "tractor seat" you don't see it very often, but it's what Ben sits down on when he says "I feel a great disturbance in the force"

attachment.php

Wow-- every so often I learn something new about something I thought that I already knew most everything there was to know about! Steve-- I had no idea there was a tractor seat like that inside the Falcon! That's awesome!!

Edit-- I'm not sure why we haven't been adding to Steve's reputation and voting this thread with 5 stars!!! I've put my votes in, c'mon guys--- you know this thread rocks!!! :D

Last edited:
Shaunsheep, you might just get your wish. I had been putting off a panoramic (probably of the quicktime vr variety) because I hadn't finished the detail on the nav console. Well guess what I polished off last night, when I should have been doing a million other things? you got it. I left some views of that rendering, and I'll post them tonight. But after that, I might just have enough detail to make a panorama that doesn't feel like it's missing too much.

DS Operative, I'm glad this thread has become something of a scholarly pursuit of the Falcon's secrets. And yeah, I agree, just when I think I've seen it all, I get blown away by some detail I'd never seen before. Like the full console in the corridor to the cockpit.

Thanks stormy.

I made a pano of the cockpit while I was at it. Wish I could render these, but it doesn't turn out right, unfortunately.

Click the here for a Quicktime Panorama of Han's view of the cockpit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back