Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Hey folks. I've been putting off detailing the greebled recesses of the main hold's wall for quite some time now. Almost all the reference is either very murky or very low resolution. I could have compromised in some areas and used ESB references, but I'm glad I didn't. After all this time, the back wall is actually starting to come together, and, with just a few more details, it may actually be complete!

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is such a wonderful thread!

Terrific stuff!
I can't believe all the work and research you have put into this thing

Thanks
I hope when it's further along you can do a small animatic of a fly-threw

What 3D software are you using to create this?:cool

with a few more details in place, I may be ready for a new flythrough fairly soon. I've been holding off because a rendered video, even at a small resolution, will take up quite a bit of time, and keep my computer pretty much otherwise non-functional. At the very least, though, I'll need to test out how I'm going to export the model from Sketchup (where I do all the construction) into Rhino with Vray (where I'm making the fly-through), and make it all turn out smoothly.

Thanks for the compliments! I've left a few updates of the above, with even more detail, rendering while I'm at work. I'm going to try to post those tonight. Stay tuned!

Yeah, you really need a dedicated render machine to do any reasonable amount of animation. Rendering it overnight is another option, although I personally like to keep an eye on animation while it's rendering just incase something needs fixing.
Can you do network rendering with your workflow? I'm not familiar with the software you're using, so I'm not sure if it's designed for it.

Looking really good so far btw. I'd love to see it all textured up and done. :)

Just awesome. The whole atmosphere of the place is so convincing, that not only do I forget that it's rendered in ones and zeros, and therefore not real, but I want to make a sandwich and just sit down and chill out there.

Just too awesome.

Ok Loyal Viwers,

It's time I got back to the thread's titular claim. A screen accurate ANH Millennium Falcon Cockpit is no joke to me, but I feel like I've gotten away from it by focusing on the rest of the falcon. In my next posts, I'll be submitting some side-by-side images of my cockpit model with screen caps of the real ANH set piece. I'll be calling on you guys for a serious critique. I'll need your eyes, and red pens, to get this this model as close as humanly possible.

If you see anything, down to the tiniest detail, that doesn't seem spot on, let me know. Also, if you want a close up render of any area for critique, don't hesitate to ask.

I value your guys' long term support, and if I can I'd like to put your skills to work making this project the best it can be.

additionally, I'll be uploading a render of the Racal Amplivox/Minilite headsets used in the cockpit, pointed out to me by Stormy320. Any critiques on them are appreciated as well.

Thanks, as always, for your continued views and good comments.

and may the force be with you, always. :thumbsup

Aside from the missing center beam on the front glass, that's looking mighty accurate.

Minor nitpicks - That black console on the far right of the pic (where the red square light is) looks slightly incorrectly spaced vertically. The grey lines don't quite line up the same as the photo.

And on the center console between the seats, the spacing between the right grey line and the edge of the box is slightly too small.

Hopefully you understand my lo-tech talk. :p

It's only because it's 99% perfect that I figure you're going for 100% and thought I'd be pedantic. Otherwise, it's looking amazing!

Heh, I was just making a post about that middle strut. The missing middle strut on the canopy is intentional. As you can kind of tell in the photo, there's also plexiglass or perspex windows in the canopy. Both the glass and the strut were in the original blueprints, but they were removed during actual filming of ANH, presumably to accommodate the cameras. The strut made its return in ESB.

Thanks BlobVanDam. I see what you mean about that far left console, and the center console, I'll add them to my list of fixes. Nit-pick away! It's what I'm after.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back