Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

SteveStarkiller,

Awesome work on the walkthrough, and thank you for creating this, it reallly is helping me out scratchbuilding a Falcon boarding ramp.

scratchy

junkpilot: all the camera steps in my walkthrough animation have innocuous titles like "scene 68" except for this one, which is of course "what piece of JUNK!"
this is one of my favorite moments in the movie.

It's those quotes that give this ship character.

"What a piece of junk!"
You came here in that thing???? You're braver than I thought."

Then there's Lando's remark "That's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy."

All of them great.

the 8 second render took an entire night to render (at something like 450x350 pixels, and only 15 frames a second...) with Vray for sketchup.

Last night, I just set my computer up to render the whole walkthrough of the interior (minus the cockpit and turrets, which I'm going to have to render separately and splice in, due to geometry complexity/memory shortage), this time with a larger resolution and at 30 frames a second. This could take a really long time...

Stormy, not sure why the link wouldn't work. Try it again, if it still won't redirect right, I'll pm you a solution of some kind.

heh, Shaunsheep, you always bump right when I've been feeling guilty about being away from the project for too long.

here's my second vray test. looking a lot better, though still rough around the edges. Had to omit the cockpit because sketchup+vray couldn't handle it, BUT I just got a copy of rhino with vray, and that should be able to do what I need.... as soon as I figure out how to use it.

enjoy!

Second Vray Test Millennium Falcon Walkthrough - YouTube

The hard turns of the camera are the only thing that make it look like anything but a steady cam walk through. The lighting is spot on. You keep getting closer to real life with each step.

the hard turns are unavoidable in sketchup, but rhino's camera moves are much, much smoother.

Thanks for the compliment!

just wait till I add the dirt...

No need to apologize, your free bump has put me back on track.

though I may blame you later for the increasing frustration of not knowing what I'm doing in Rhino, just fair warning. heh.

hey folks,

no new work on the animation, but that's because I've been rebuilding the main hold. hence there being no hallway and also the lack of detail on the crash couch (which I'm also rebuilding). Rinzler had to go and publish that damn book, so I've been rebuilding again and again as I obtain new blueprints....

enjoy!

and happy new year, if I hadn't already said it.

attachment.php

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back