Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

I've acutally been thinking about doing an Echo Base. Since I have my new model of the full scale ESB falcon, and a model of the Elstree Studios soundstage that the base was built in (constructed from the blueprints in Art of Star Wars:Empire Strikes Back), I've been thinking about just going whole-hog, with snow speeders, X-wings, etc. The only problem is, I can't find my damn copy of Art of Star Wars. I'm starting to get worried I loaned it out while possibly (probably) intoxicated at some party at my house.

anyone happen to have a scan of that drawing?

I've acutally been thinking about doing an Echo Base. Since I have my new model of the full scale ESB falcon, and a model of the Elstree Studios soundstage that the base was built in (constructed from the blueprints in Art of Star Wars:Empire Strikes Back), I've been thinking about just going whole-hog, with snow speeders, X-wings, etc. The only problem is, I can't find my damn copy of Art of Star Wars. I'm starting to get worried I loaned it out while possibly (probably) intoxicated at some party at my house.

anyone happen to have a scan of that drawing?

I assume you mean the Art of the Empire Strikes Back? PM me your email address and I'll shoot you some BIG scans! ;)

But you aren't allowed to start Echo Base until you render CRAZY amounts of frames from Docking Bay 94 first! :angel

714SNJJBXEL._SL500_AA300_.gif

we're talking about this guy, right?

I would love some scans.

probably shouldn't tell you about my concurrent Cantina and Lars Family Garage projects....

anyway, after I get some more greebles on the falcon, I'll do more walkthroughs, and, if everyone's good, some rendered quicktime panoramas of docking bay 94 as well.

I have made this scan a while ago, I corrected the two page assembly too. Photobucket resize the images so pm an email for the original file:
TAOTESBscan01.jpg

thanks to Brinn71, and Savmagoett, I have begun work on echo base.

in sketchup, I have constructed the shell of the Elstree studios building, the basic form of the set walls, a rough sketch of some snow speeders, and have placed my full scale falcon in the correct position. Everything's looking pretty good so far, will have some renders soon.

Thanks guys!

to tide folks over for the next batch, here are some, admittedly off topic, WIP renders of another side project: the Lars Homestead Garage.

ok so some of the greebles on the Oil Bath control panel are identical types of switches that are also used in the Falcon's cockpit. Possibly something from a soundboard? (not so off topic after all, right?)

steve could you possibly tell me what height the walls of the docking bay in realtion to the height you've been using for the falcon, thanks steve!
great new renders by the way:)

Thanks Shaunsheep!

for the walls of 94, I used a high angle photograph of the docking bay under construction and was able to make a semi-successful photomatch (the photo I had, out of one the making of books, maybe Rinzler's ANH, had a ton of horizontal distortion from the camera lens used). So, suffice it to say, the height should be accurate-ish.

all this is stall though, since I'll have to measure when I get home. I'll let you know!

(not planning a diorama, are you?)

thanks to Brinn71, and Savmagoett, I have begun work on echo base.

in sketchup, I have constructed the shell of the Elstree studios building, the basic form of the set walls, a rough sketch of some snow speeders, and have placed my full scale falcon in the correct position. Everything's looking pretty good so far, will have some renders soon.

Thanks guys!

to tide folks over for the next batch, here are some, admittedly off topic, WIP renders of another side project: the Lars Homestead Garage.

ok so some of the greebles on the Oil Bath control panel are identical types of switches that are also used in the Falcon's cockpit. Possibly something from a soundboard? (not so off topic after all, right?)
that is so cool :eek I'm guessing you won't resist doing the rest of Lars homestead, I certainly hope so :love

that is so cool :eek I'm guessing you won't resist doing the rest of Lars homestead, I certainly hope so :love

I think I'm drawing the line at the garage, unfortunately. All those natural shapes of the rest of the homestead make me queasy (sketchup and natural shapes are not friends). That said, I never intended to make as much of the docking bay as I did, but of course I let myself get carried away....

I do, after all, have blueprints of the fullscale Sandcrawler treads that were parked outside the homestead...

if Luke hoped 3P0 could speed up time, and teleport him off that rock, I wish he would teleport me *to* that rock and stop time... there're not enough hours in the damned day.

no steve If I ever won the lottery I would like to build this life sized and live in the circumfrance of the bay, waking up and looking down on this of a morning would be heaven so I would need to know how many floors I could slot in ! LoL

The stereoscopic view is good enough that I kept my eyes crossed too long...

....and they stuck. Why didn't I listen to my mother?

heh heh.

you mean my eyes shouldn't be crossed like this *all* the time??

I made a bunch more (unrendered, though) of the Lars Garage and Falcon's Cockpit, and I've been giving myself a hell of a headache looking at them...

Here you go:

5978065682_904fc31d7e_o.jpg

oh, and I was going to measure the walls for you, I had the file open this morning and everything, but then I left for work without doing it. Haven't forgot... yet...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back