Rocketeer Jacket...from Wested

I'm interested in the "experts" opinion as well, though I would prefer to see a finished product, with the bib, buttons and everything together. It does look very close compared to the Abbyshot version. And is about half the price.

I just put out the money for the rocketpack so it'll be a while before I could afford this. But someday, I'll have a full costume.

Color and Length of it, then I believe the zippers are in the wrong place too. There's a good discussion on it in the Wolverine jacket thread. On the last page it shows a pic of their jacket, and it does look like a dress on the guy. :p

The leather itself looks a bit off, but I'm basing my conclusions off the jacket I have, which was "molded" off a screen used stunt. I make the assumption that my jacket is accurate and go from there. the cut of the wested looks nice, but the leather itself looks all wrong. But, like MR, a prototype isn't necessarily the final product. Let's hope they can iron out the kinks and offer a great product.

With that said, 260 pounds is a GREAT price for even a half decent replica of that jacket. I'll probably get one just so I ahve something a little more wearable than the one I have now. I covet that one too much to get much practical use out of it.

I actually prefer the look of the leather Wested used. I know it's not screen accurate, but I'm not too keen on the bright-ish chocolate brown on some of the screen accurate pieces I've seen.

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jul 20 2006, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1284297[/snapback]</div>
The leather itself looks a bit off, but I'm basing my conclusions off the jacket I have, which was "molded" off a screen used stunt. I make the assumption that my jacket is accurate and go from there. the cut of the wested looks nice, but the leather itself looks all wrong. But, like MR, a prototype isn't necessarily the final product. Let's hope they can iron out the kinks and offer a great product.

With that said, 260 pounds is a GREAT price for even a half decent replica of that jacket. I'll probably get one just so I ahve something a little more wearable than the one I have now. I covet that one too much to get much practical use out of it.
[/b]

Yeah, just judging by appearances, I'd agree with Matt on this. I suspect the leather probably looks better in person... or maybe once it's broken in a little. It's the right color but it's just very shiny... almost has a fake-leather look to it. But maybe that's just because it's new and unworn (?). Still nice and the lower price is good. Might be a better alternative for costumers. Folks that are more interested in display could go with the abby version, I suppose.

Rocketbobs has handled a few original jackets so I'd be curious to hear his review of it.

Rob

<div class='quotetop'>(Lukes Roommate @ Jul 20 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1284412[/snapback]</div>
I actually prefer the look of the leather Wested used. I know it's not screen accurate, but I'm not too keen on the bright-ish chocolate brown on some of the screen accurate pieces I've seen.
[/b]

EDIT: I was referring to the Wolvie jacket in my above post ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back