Building the SS Death Star Turbolaser

ckwanwoo

Sr Member
Hi,

This is the SS modeling for Turbo Laser which was used for the attack scene of DS in ANH.

Most donor parts were from Bandai tanks and I already had it fortunately.
If possible, I will apply the motorized function using the R/C gun turret rotation and elevator unit as the movie scene.

You can see my ANH models in the last pic.:)

thanks Eric.

Eric, thats beautiful, never been a fan of this as a prop, but seeing you, and Julien building them, in the nakedness of expensive donor parts, well, its all very easy on the eye.
Once again, your work, its clinical.....your a styrene surgeon :lol

lee

Just like the Sandcrawler, the laser turret is one of my fav models, and you're doing a beautiful job on it ! And I can notice you're working fast, it will be finished very soon !

Keep up the good work Eric, you'll get the most beautiful ANH collection very soon, it will look just fine next to your ISD and crawler ! :love:thumbsup

He's going to have to build a Death Star for that collection. Very impressive work Eric. It will be a beautiful collection of replica props.

Thank you very much my Friends.:)

Lee,
I was also not interested in this model until few months ago.
But I noticed that I already own many kits was commonly used on ANH models and it is only started from this reason.:lol

Julien,
I have no skill to make SS model quickly...
The Turbo laser was planned for 2 months.
And I still need to make the my Tie, Escape Pod and Landspeeder in order to complete ANH collection.

Jason,
I never make the DS...because Rob already show ultimate DS...
As you can see, my house is not enough space to include a huge model.:cry

thanks Eric.

Julien,
I have no skill to make SS model quickly...
The Turbo laser was planned for 2 months.
And I still need to make the my Tie, Escape Pod and Landspeeder in order to complete ANH collection.

The first panel I cut for my turret was 2 years ago... so I have the feeling you're working quickly ! :lol Or I am very slow... :p

I have a question, is the Matilda part from the 1/48 Bandai kit ? The 1/72 Airfix isnt the right shape and it's too small !

Hey Slow man :lol

Yes. Bandai Matilda is the right~!:)
I also posted the kit list on Studioscalemodeler where is Jason's site.

thanks Eric.

The first panel I cut for my turret was 2 years ago... so I have the feeling you're working quickly ! :lol Or I am very slow... :p

I have a question, is the Matilda part from the 1/48 Bandai kit ? The 1/72 Airfix isnt the right shape and it's too small !

Last edited:
Hey Slow man :lol

Yes. Bandai Matilda is the right~!:)
I also posted the kit list on Studioscalemodeler which is Jason's site.

thanks Eric.

Eric thanks for that list posting mate.
Greatly appreciated & can be accessed by all.
I just got beat on a 1/24 Bandai Jagdpanther :cry
Would like to do a Parts Map for this also Eric for other modelers.
Hopefully one day will have Parts Maps for all the models at the site.
Keep up the good work buddy.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back