Sons of Anarchy

I have watched this religiously from the start. One of the only tv series apart from the shield that I have wanted props from. Would anyone be willing to do patches for jackets or Jax Tellers' knife holster? Don't spoil the finalé, I'll watch it in a few hours. :)

No spoilers..just a bunch of WOW! hell of a season finale.
I'd be leary of the patches, at least wearing them in public, if the Reaper is anywhere close to a real MC's patch.

Not to wear, to display. Looking forward to the finalé. Does anyone know someone who does patches? Any help appreciated. :)

Ive been watching this show since the beginning as well, and loved how the season ended. It played out better than I thought it would. Cannot wait for the next season.

HOLY CRAP what a AWESOME ending to this Season !

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Ok, now with this ending I am VERY curious about
something... I'll add some space for Spoliers
if you have not seen it yet...

Ok.......

With that letter, is it being outright said that
Clay KILLED Jacks father ??????? :confused

I know they never got to actually explaining
what happened in the previous Seasons but
DAUMMMMMM...

:confused

Spoilersspoilersspoilers!!!

I think with the letters, they are setting up for next season ie; jax finding out the truth about his fathers death. To be honest though, from the start most people would have known this was coming. It will still be interesting to see how it pans out with them in jail however. Jaxson's new son will be born while he and is club are still inside.

Answer to spoiler point....

I think it was always known that Clay was the killer, however I didn't realize how much Jemma may have had a hand in it. Kinda interesting development. Not a revolutionary story line, but a great twist to the story. I really didn't think everyone was gonna come out of it as well as they did. I also love how they tied in the face scarsl Such a great show.

Hey look! A topic I'm qualified to jump into discussion on!

Absolutely my favorite show on TV right now (With SGU a moderately distant second). The fact that I bear a striking resemblance to Opie probably doesn't hurt.

I would love to get my hands on a replica cut to display - I'm smart enough to know better than to try and wear it around - but I do have one of the licensed "Reaper Crew" ballcaps they sell on FX's website.

SPOILERS *********

The finale was awesome, as has every finale been so far. I was more excited about the scene with Jimmy O/Jibbs than any other part of the season - It's been a long time coming and I think they handled it perfectly. The same goes for Agent Stahl/Opie. Whenever that kind of redemption goes on, it really gets my engine going.

I had interest in the show when it first came out but I only purposed myself to actually start watching this past season when I heard Titus Welliver was in it. I am SOOO hooked. Never thought it would be my type, but the writing and the 'mood' they set with the music and the shots are both so amazingly in how they draw you in that I am totally hooked.

Like a few episodes ago (eh... guess it might be a spoiler....)

When Jax was watching his kid with that other couple in the market. The way they set that scene up, the intensity of him wanting the kid back, his mom's viciousness of wanting her grandson back, everything he'd gone through to get Able... it was nearly 5 minutes of him watching his son with a 'normal' family... there was no need for anything to be said, the acting, music and set up were perfect. INCREDIBLY moving and believable that he would walk away.

And then what happens because he does. It's brutal, but impressive.

Spoiler for last night's episode...

The finale was awesome, as has every finale been so far. I was more excited about the scene with Jimmy O/Jibbs than any other part of the season - It's been a long time coming and I think they handled it perfectly. The same goes for Agent Stahl/Opie. Whenever that kind of redemption goes on, it really gets my engine going.

Oh man... I totally agree. When they were pulling up with Jimmy to the exchange and he realized what was happening, my heart was racing and I was nearly trembling I was so nervous for what was going to happen. It didn't end up being a big shoot out like I thought, it was 100x better.

I LOVED how they made Stahl go out like the huge coward that she was but Jimmy just understood, this is what happens when you cross people and he knew he had it coming. His last dig about 'our girls' just sealed it though. Since I never saw earlier episodes, I'm only guessing that Jibbs' facial scars were given to him by Jimmy? That's why he slashed Jimmy's face before he killed him?

And I was completely duped that the club was in on what Jax was doing. When they started smiling after the heard the honk... wow. Great finale... perfection.

Oh man... I totally agree. When they were pulling up with Jimmy to the exchange and he realized what was happening, my heart was racing and I was nearly trembling I was so nervous for what was going to happen. It didn't end up being a big shoot out like I thought, it was 100x better.

I LOVED how they made Stahl go out like the huge coward that she was but Jimmy just understood, this is what happens when you cross people and he knew he had it coming. His last dig about 'our girls' just sealed it though. Since I never saw earlier episodes, I'm only guessing that Jibbs' facial scars were given to him by Jimmy? That's why he slashed Jimmy's face before he killed him?

And I was completely duped that the club was in on what Jax was doing. When they started smiling after the heard the honk... wow. Great finale... perfection.
Yeah, Jimmy was responsible for Chibs' face. (I was IMDBing it, apparently that's what his nickname actually is) It's kinda funny, in most of the films/shows Tommy Flanagan is in, they don't bother to address his face. I'm glad they gave it a reason since he's such an important character in the show.

Agreed on all your other points, as well. It's telling to the characterization of the "good guys" and "bad guys" that Stahl went out like a sobbing pansy while Jimmy knew from the moment the Russians pulled off the highway that there was no way he was getting out alive.

Musically, this show is leaps and bounds beyond everything else on television. I'm constantly impressed with the soundtrack, and actually pay attention to it, rather than allow it to fade into the background like every other program. I'm still hoping to hear some Black Rebel Motorcycle Club eventually, since it's fitting in both name and tone.

As for the twist at the end of the season finale, I can't help but feel a little played - although I suppose that was the intent - but to resolve the whole issue of where Jax's loyalties lie with a Dallas-style "it didn't really happen" move seemed kind of lazy. I've come to expect a little better from the series, so it was a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the episode more than made up for it.

All in all, when I describe the show to friends who aren't familiar with it, I make sure to point out that whenever you wish a character on the show would just die already, they do. Again they've delivered - morality aside, the simplest solution to a problematic character is to just kill them, and when your protagonists are criminals, it makes it pretty easy to take whatever morality would stop them right out of the equation.

Yeah, Jimmy was responsible for Chibs' face.

Nice... That worked really well.

It's telling to the characterization of the "good guys" and "bad guys" that Stahl went out like a sobbing pansy while Jimmy knew from the moment the Russians pulled off the highway that there was no way he was getting out alive.

:lol Jimmy wasn't a 'good' guy, but I know what you meant. He was sincere in that he knew he was a dirty, lying, double-crossing murderous torturer and faced up to it. Where as Stahl was JUST as twisted and evil but was using 'the law' to hide behind as if she had noble causes for all her lying and murdering.

That's where the whole anarchy thing really fits in best, I think, the way they portray most law enforces and politicians as being just another 'club', only with more guns and resources.

Do you think the cop who helped the Sons is really turning in his badge? They really could use someone on the inside, it'll be tough without him.

As for the twist at the end of the season finale, I can't help but feel a little played - although I suppose that was the intent - but to resolve the whole issue of where Jax's loyalties lie with a Dallas-style "it didn't really happen" move seemed kind of lazy. I've come to expect a little better from the series, so it was a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the episode more than made up for it.

The ONLY thing I would have done differently is to have Gemma be mad that it was kept from her instead of that proud smile she wore. That would have left some of the tension in his decision and loyalty... but he seemed to be able to stick it to his mom and just trust she'd understand.

Someone who can swipe a baby from a nun and hold a gun to it's head doesn't seem to me like the understanding type. :lol

Again they've delivered - morality aside, the simplest solution to a problematic character is to just kill them, and when your protagonists are criminals, it makes it pretty easy to take whatever morality would stop them right out of the equation.

Yeah - I have to admit, I'm more than a bit uncomfortable getting to a place where I'm cheering on murder... but when they make the characters out to be that bad, and there is little else to be done but take them out, it's hard not to. :unsure

Which is why I really liked Jax's line about Abel, "He's with a father who didn't torture and murder someone yesterday."

:lol Jimmy wasn't a 'good' guy, but I know what you meant. He was sincere in that he knew he was a dirty, lying, double-crossing murderous torturer and faced up to it. Where as Stahl was JUST as twisted and evil but was using 'the law' to hide behind as if she had noble causes for all her lying and murdering.
Yeah, that was my point - Jimmy is supposed to be a bad guy, a criminal, but ends up being the person who dies with class. Stahl, the person on the side of the law (well, supposedly, anyway) is the one who dies dishonorably.

Do you think the cop who helped the Sons is really turning in his badge? They really could use someone on the inside, it'll be tough without him.

I'm not sure where you started watching, but earlier in the season Hale (the one running for Mayor) pushed through some paperwork that made it possible for the County Sheriff's department to take over in Charming, in order to push the CPD out. He knows Unser is in bed with the Sons, so he can't do his own dirty work (which includes taking control of the town away from SAMCRO) with them in the way. Unser is also aware of this, and can't stop it - which, combined with being terminal, is a lot of his motivation for going as far out on a limb for the club as he has. I'm not 100% certain if it was him officially turning his badge in, or if it was more akin to Jax taking off his cut when he goes on a mission that could result in arrest, but either way he chose to dissociate himself from the PD for the episode.

From the beginning, the creators said this show was "Hamlet with motorcycles," so I've been waiting three years for that storyline to take center stage. Looks like that's gonna be season 4.

one of the best shows on TV in my opinion. there are a few gems like this that give me hope for entertainment. if only movies could have acting and writing this good!

i love how no-one on the show is really "good", and you are left to make your own decisions about whether or not the actions of the characters are justified.

personally, i cheered when a certain law enforcement official had a run in with a firearm ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back