DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

Big thanks for your replay, what about the chest?

Btw... I'm gonna implement an exoskeleton in the suit after building it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you download the zip file on page 1 the file has everything except helmet boots and hands. The chest is awesome and not too hard to build.

Dancin, I'm glad to see this thread is still alive. Your files have done so much for me.
It makes me happy everytime I take my suit out anywhere. I just did an event in town for a marathon, and the kids loved it.

I saw you wanted to see some pics of completed builds still, so here's a couple:
y7ymagu5.jpg
sedy7avy.jpg
e2eza2e9.jpg
u7atasev.jpg
e5uqe8a5.jpg

Nice work Chrizwald, looks great. Remember back when DF's files were one of only two or three you could find? :lol #innovator I was just working with these files again and forgot how much detail he poured into the original model :thumbsup

Nice work Chrizwald, looks great. Remember back when DF's files were one of only two or three you could find? :lol #innovator I was just working with these files again and forgot how much detail he poured into the original model :thumbsup

You ain't kidding. They're oldies but goodies!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wow! Chrizwald that is a sweet build!! That's awesome that you're using it for some great events.

Thanks laellee! These files are getting pretty old now. I think this was one of the first Pep files on the site.

I have a problem fiberglassing, the shape changes when u I do fiberglass so how to fiberglass without damaging the look? Btw... this chemicals turns purple when it hardens...

I have a problem fiberglassing, the shape changes when u I do fiberglass so how to fiberglass without damaging the look? Btw... this chemicals turns purple when it hardens...

Not sure what type of fiberglass resin you are using that changes colour. You want to first harden the outside of the part so it will hold its shape when using resin and cloth on the inside to strengthen the part. So first brush on a LIGHT coat of fiberglass resin on the outside of your part just to seal it. let it cure then follow with a 2nd heavier coat. You can do a third coat but normally 2 coats will make your part hard enough that you can use the resin and cloth on the inside of your part to fully strengthen it. Also make sure the parts you are going to harden have their supports attached or else they will most definitely not hold their shape.

Thanks surreal I have seen your builds, they are amazingly awesome! Will do what you said for sure :D
Btw I use that fiberglass that is 3 chemicals( 1 like water, 1 like purple water, other just fiberglass oil color) I have to mix the 3 so it'd harden.

Last edited:
Thanks surreal I have seen your builds, they are amazingly awesome! Will do what you said for sure :D
Btw I use that fiberglass that is 3 chemicals( 1 like water, 1 like purple water, other just fiberglass oil color) I have to mix the 3 so it'd harden.

Never heard of that type of resin, normally polyester resin is used when Fiberglassing, real stinky stuff. I only use it on the outside of the pepped part. So that when I apply the filler at the detail stage it will bond to the outside of the part, as both the resin and body filler are polyester based. On the inside of the part I use epoxy resin and Fiberglass cloth to strengthen it.

So I didn't realize this thread existed til now. I've been using Dancin's files for my first build. It's not complete yet, but here's the progress so far.
023.JPG026.JPG027.JPG

thats strange because i can open files in designer and flip them...

sometimes printers have a flip or miror option (for transparent printing)

This is my FIRST post on RPF and I am glad that this also happens to be the FIRST thread I read here. Very well done DF :thumbsup. Please accept my thanks and 'Namaste' from India :)
I have a question (might sound stupid to most of you though). The Pepakura unfolded files should be printed on what GSM of paper (to me, a 300 gsm looks ok)? I have been making scale paper models since 11 years and I now want to make an IM MK3 suit.

I also read something about the fiberglass thing, sounds like something I must also use.

minimum of 120gsm followd by epoxy or polyurethane resin inside and outside then fibreglass and resin for strength followed again by resing/bodyfiller mix referred to here as rondo to smooth out and give a clean surface.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back