DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

Re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep File Development

Yep 90% done with the "filler" work I don't use Bondo, way to hard and time consuming. ;) Watch out scaling different pieces at differently they will have trouble fitting together properly and look add at the end build. You should find a scale that works for your size and mod the pieces as you need them. Like take the curve out of the front of the shin or make the calf area larger but keeping the joining pieces correct to scale.

Yep 90% done with the "filler" work I don't use Bondo, way to hard and time consuming. ;) Watch out scaling different pieces at differently they will have trouble fitting together properly and look add at the end build. You should find a scale that works for your size and mod the pieces as you need them. Like take the curve out of the front of the shin or make the calf area larger but keeping the joining pieces correct to scale.

Hi Finhead, what do you use instead of bondo? Is it more expensive and or harder to find? Thanks

Right now I mainly use Evercoat products, Bondo is a brand name.
I will build with Lite weight and finish with Rage Xtreme. The lite weight usually runs me $17 (Canadian) and the Xtreme runs approx $42 but I use it about 1/5th the amount I use the lite. In the end it's cheaper to buy out right. Plus cheaper on paper (you wont use near as much) and you will save time and effort and get a better end result, just MO though.

Evercoat

WOW looks awesome. Totally an Ironman fan and love the idea of recreating the suit.

Finhead - Are you finding that the Rage Xtreme is able to be sanded with higher-grit paper, for a smooth finish? Evercoat's specs for RX recommend going over with their 417 glaze coat pourable glazing putty claiming "This will provide a smoother finish and reduce the number of coats of primer required for a quality finish." Wondering if that's just them trying to sell more product. Thanks for the insight!

I never finish any filler work with less than 180 grit, go to fine you loose the sharp edges and detail. That being said I always use high build 2K primer so 2-3 coats and you can finish it off with 240-320-400 and wet sand to 600 without having to reprime at all. I will only ever use glazing putty if there are pinholes or heavy scratches I missed. Again this is just how I work my stuff, been doing this a long time so I have a system. :)

Finhead - Are you finding that the Rage Xtreme is able to be sanded with higher-grit paper, for a smooth finish? Evercoat's specs for RX recommend going over with their 417 glaze coat pourable glazing putty claiming "This will provide a smoother finish and reduce the number of coats of primer required for a quality finish." Wondering if that's just them trying to sell more product. Thanks for the insight!

I never finish any filler work with less than 180 grit, go to fine you loose the sharp edges and detail. That being said I always use high build 2K primer so 2-3 coats and you can finish it off with 240-320-400 and wet sand to 600 without having to reprime at all. I will only ever use glazing putty if there are pinholes or heavy scratches I missed. Again this is just how I work my stuff, been doing this a long time so I have a system. :)

Perfect answer. Thanks, Finhead. Most appreciated! Though, now that you've turned me on to Evercoat, my wheels are spinning and I got sucked in to their Quantum 1 vid on YouTube, lol...

Thanks for all the tips Finhead! I was kinda scared about scaling my leg by 8%, here's the results:

Thigh : 100%
Calf : 108.5%
Foot : 110% (yeah, I have big feet!!!)

I think it looks pretty good. I made my calculations on paper and I'm right on scale with the screen used leg on the left!!! I'm pretty surprised that it still fit as it does even after scaling .. I really thought I'd need to scale the thigh at least to 105%!

medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Is that mask from the game file or is it your own creation?

Either way its awesome and i need it. hahaha

As always, amazing work man. Shins looks killer
Did I miss the shins? Where did they go? HELLLLLLPPP!

Thanks, fellow Canadian! I did see that first one, but didn't download it as it really didn't seem like any shin I had ever seen! The other one was what I was looking for, though-thank you for answering my question:)

i´m need iron calf 2 raw undolf, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - Finally Completed

Hey Guys!

I've finally gotten around to finishing all the tweaks to my model. I've re-unfolded and archived all the pep files in one easy zip file. I didn't bother making boots or gloves with Zabana's perfect files out there. I also didn't include my helmet as there's other much better helmets out there. Hope everyone enjoys the files!

Oh, also if anyone wants to take a shot at better unfolds please post them in this thread and I'll give credit in the filename and add them to the zip.

IronManMk3_Final.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

No problem, it's nice to finally be done with this model. I think it's close to 2-3 years in the making lol.

Some of it has been heavily tweaked. The general shape of the chest has been overhauled to fit people better. The arms were pretty much completely rebuilt. The shoulders were heavily tweaked. The neck was really cleaned up, I rebuilt the back of the neck, the edge flow was a bit of a mess. Also everything was manipulated so that all the pieces fit together as a whole better.

Thanks so much for taking the time to redo these. I know it's been a long haul but it is definitely worth it. These are by far the best MK III files out there. :D

Sorry if this might seem to be a stupid question,but I looked through the thread and could't find if it was on here. Does any one know the diameter of the circle on the chest for the uni-beam? Oh and thanks alot for the new files!!!!

Glad you finally got it done Randy. :thumbsup

Sorry if this might seem to be a stupid question,but I looked through the thread and could't find if it was on here. Does any one know the diameter of the circle on the chest for the uni-beam? Oh and thanks alot for the new files!!!!

Depends on the size you scale the chest. At defualt scale the unibeam hole should be 90mm.

Thanks a lot. Started building my own armor and wanted to make sure the uni-beams would fit. The chest is the next thing I'm doing after the helmet. Once again Highly appreciated for the files and the info!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back