My take on the NX refit (WIP)

Beautiful! The cargo bay rocks! I like how you did the lighting for the deflector, great way to kill any hotspots from the LEd's. What are the 'spinning' LED clusters for?

I ran out of leds, so I ordered a bunch more off of evilbay.

I have a lot of wiring to do before I can join the secondary hull to the lower saucer,

-Fibre optic white led
-diffused led planetary sensor dome
-6 diffused blue for the new impulse engines
-2 3mm blue for original (formerly the warp sled connecting the saucer with the engines)
-15 white leds for interior lights
-navigation lights (I've mounted the 555 timer)
-anti-collision strobes (I need the LM3909)

I also wanted to know if anyone would be able to help me do a 3d draw and SLA of a dozen of these -

I spent some time last night fitting the fibre optics for the blue thrusters (seen below)

I also worked on the lighting for the shuttlepod bay. The fibre was left long so I can paint it, then i'll be flush cutting with a sharp razor.

Don't know if i'll use it yet, I may go the EL route.

I managed to get quite a bit done today,

- Skinned the port side nacelle pylon
- Created pylon under-lights (both sides)
- Added Starboard hull panel with windows and wired backlights
- Wired 2 of the 3 Nacelle circuits onto small (3/8" x 1 1/2") PCBs
- Bussard (3x 3mm red leds)
- Nacelle Coils (EL Wire)

Here it is from the port side

11_zps0a6c4b4f.png

and lit

12_zps2e6e8528.png

everything you see on this is built from scratch.

Also, a short vid showing the lights on and off..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, I'm craving an update on this ship! I am doing something different on mine, but it might actually be better looking on yours beause yours is a "refit" of the NX and ties more into the TOS ship... I have the tennacontrols warp engine kit and it comes with 6 "spinning/chasing" red LED's per buzzard, but I took out all the red leds and added in blue, yellow, and green ones to make it resemble the pattern seen in the TOS ship. Now I added in 3 3mm red LEDS in the center of the buzzard to give the red ambiant glow, but I'm going to have a more "multi-colored pattern than what was in the show... I dont have any pics or videios yet, but when I get a chance ill post one on here if you like. Hope you are well and am looking forward to seeing what you are doing next to this awesome build!

P.S. I stole your and Mr. Ian Lawrence's spot light ideas for my Warp pylons hehe

best wishes!
Mike

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back