My take on the NX refit (WIP)

Any progress on the build?

Funny you should ask...

the Enterprise-C is on hold while I'm waiting for components, so I put some time in on the Mark IV

Here is the wiring...

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

...and worked on the nacelles.
DSC02215.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

and behold the insanity... individually lit warp coils (properly diffused, of course)
DSC02213.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

Looking great Brandon. I am looking forward to your email with info you had PM'd me about. ;)

The build and cleaned up artwork looks great my friend! :)

Last edited:
Gotta say I like this re-fit better. The one with the pontoons going back to the nacelle supports just looks too busy(no offense to Mr Drexler) IMHO but this looks very clean. Kudos

Hi all,

While I wait for my components to arrive, I decided to clean up the artwork I did previously.

for those who havent seen it yet, meet the Mark IV....
MARKIVREFIT-1.png

My fibre optics showed up today, So I will finish up the secondary hull wiring soon. I need to pull my fibre optics for all 5 docking rings, governor, shuttlepod bay exterior and interior. Then wire a blue LED for the governor
4 white LEDs for interior lights and whatever else I can think of.

after everything is triple tested, I will skin the hull and glass it with 3/4 oz cloth. I'm going to use the West System G5 for resin and will give everything a few passes of bondo glazing putty.

Well, after 2 very busy years I finally have the spare time to get back to this baby. A few things have changed of course. I've decided to go EL for the nacelles. I just bought a 4'x8' sheet of styrene to work with for all of the panel detail. She's definitely going to be a different breed.

Wish me luck.

Funny you should ask...

the Enterprise-C is on hold while I'm waiting for components, so I put some time in on the Mark IV

Which enterprise-C are you working on? Is it a scratch-build? (I've got a project on hold right now till the summer... building the Enterprise-C at 1:350th scale.)

brandomack, that is a great design! One question... What colour for the main deflector dish? gold or neon blue?

Actually I was starting to love Enterprise at the end... 3rd and 4th seasons were pretty good, and at the time I was hoping for a finale that somehow tied with TOS... Showing the NX-01 being refited into something like this would have been great, and somebody, maybe Archer commenting about the design with the lower hanging hull, something like "I dont think this design is going to stand the test of time..."
Instead we got that lame finale... oh, my!

Really looking forward to see it complete, great job!

brandomack, that is a great design! One question... What colour for the main deflector dish? gold or neon blue?

Actually I was starting to love Enterprise at the end... 3rd and 4th seasons were pretty good, and at the time I was hoping for a finale that somehow tied with TOS... Showing the NX-01 being refited into something like this would have been great, and somebody, maybe Archer commenting about the design with the lower hanging hull, something like "I dont think this design is going to stand the test of time..."
Instead we got that lame finale... oh, my!

Really looking forward to see it complete, great job!

Thank you very much, wonderboy_1974 :)
Main deflector will be gold with the area directly behind the rings neon blue (EL Sheet)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back