did NECA ever release the "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" homing ring?

LeMarchand

Sr Member
A friend asked me about this prop. Found some pics online of the 'survival gear set' but it is not on their site. Was it ever released?

thanks.

Marc

I'm going to assume that he means the ring Mos Def wore in the film..
I've never seen one but that doesn't mean anything other than "I don't know".

Picture is always good to have...
hitchhikers-survival-kit-L.jpg

When shopping for my wedding band, I saw titanium rings that looked like that. In fact, we almost got one with a sapphire embedded in the band right where that circular thing is, even though that looks like a sticker or decal. Attach an antenna and you're done.

Here's one, although the local jeweler's is likely to have a simple one as well.
Titanium 6mm Wedding Band Ring

i remember seeing one of these online years ago, i always wanted one as well but never saw them released. I could have sworn at one point i saw them on ebay.co.uk but that could have been wishfull thinking.

That little tiny circle on the side is the Hitchhiker logo (the thumb). It's inset in the ring and the graphic itself is most likely some type of decal pressed into in. I don't the unit being too difficult to recreate, but that inset circle is a killer.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back