New Office / prop room - Prop display showoff - UPDATED 19th Jan

G17RDY

Sr Member
Hello,

Well its been a while since i have had anything noteworthy to say or showoff.

I recently moved my office to a room downstairs (which used to be our dining room) - The old office is to be a Bedroom for Child No3!!!! Yes my wife is expecting our third child in april!!!!

So i have moved the lot, and although i still have a good few things to take care of, the bulk of the work is done.

**19th January 2011 - Update***

Well things have changed about a bit yet again!!! My son got his xbox 360 from Santa, and we needed somewhere to put it, so turned a small section of the office into a gaming zone!!!
Got a 32" LED TV and a new fancy gaming chair - Took away the top level of the corner display cabinet, to give me a sort of TV bench, and custom built a small unit to house the xbox360 and games etc. Really stoked as to the end result, looks great.

Santa also delivered me a nice wee pressie - to add to my i,Robot collection: Lt John Bergins screen used Detective Badge!!!
Also snagged the Art of District 9 from the kids - Which is a fantastic book!!

Anyway new pictures below!!

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New Office Space - Prop display showoff - Video!!

I like it. There's always something classy about the "less is more" look then the crowded look - which I have yet to learn...

Oh yeah, that was the cool room with the LOTR wallpaper... ;)

I like it... Even if I won't put so much different movies in one display (gladiator and Toy Story, not a good match... :))

I'am not a die hard LOTR fan, but I love how you present your items. Very nice!

Less is more, thats right! I hate overcrowded Detolfs... :cool

my first thougt was "what kinda prop from the movie "office space" needs a video to show it off?" :lol
nice prop room!

Thank you for the comments so far guys!!:thumbsup

Oh yeah, that was the cool room with the LOTR wallpaper... ;)

I like it... Even if I won't put so much different movies in one display (gladiator and Toy Story, not a good match... :))

I know what you mean, i've never been happy with Buzz within the display, it doesn't seem to fit in too well, it was something to fill a space, i think i really need to move him elsewhere!!!

Oh yeah, that was the cool room with the LOTR wallpaper...
I hope he realizes that eventually his entire office must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came... sorry, The Fellowship of The Ring is running on cable this month. :lol

Really like what you have done with your office. :thumbsup

Do you do any actual work in there? :lol

You know what the really sad thing is......

I've lost interest in collecting props and replicas, i've spent many years amassing this collection and now i have a room full of things that i no longer have a passion for!!

I guess we all go through this at one point or another, and with the financial crunch hitting my family, i'm beginning to think maybe i should just sell the lot!!!

I would say that is a common thing. The pursuit is what people love, but once the catch is made some of the thrill is lost.

Just watch the kiddos on Christmas morning for proof of my theory.

I would say that is a common thing. The pursuit is what people love, but once the catch is made some of the thrill is lost.

Just watch the kiddos on Christmas morning for proof of my theory.

How very true, you've hit the nail on the head there!!!

It's very true, the thrill is mostly in the chase. Having is never as good as wanting.

"Having is not so pleasing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock, 'Amok Time'

Still, very nicely displayed collection, it looks good. I've been through the phase of selling off almost everything before, and have done so, but I always seem to get sucked back in after watching one old favourite or another.

You can LOVE a particular movie without owning a single prop or replica from it. It doesn't make you any less a fan. But still, something about having a piece of 'art' in your hand, or on your shelf, representing that great film to you, is a worthy and pleasing thing. I'd much prefer to have a shelf full of movie props than faberge eggs. It's horses for courses.

I exactly know how you feel my friend.

At first, right after the purchase, you think the prop, the figure or what ever is the greatest piece on earth. You take it two or three times a day out of the cabinet. You show it to your friends. You are telling them how wonderful and rare this piece is. And how long it took to hunt it down...

Shortly after this phase you're loosing your passion for most of the items. At this time you're notice, perhaps once a day that they are still there.

And someday, after a long day at work, you are sitting with a cold beer in your hand in front of your TV set and you not deign to look at your babies...

But the good thing is: IT'S SO MUCH GREAT STUFF OUT THERE!!!

Every time I'am tired of something I sell it... and buy something new and fresh.

I love the idea that i made the guy how bought the "old stuff" happy with it and he will spent the same devotion to my former pieces like i did and that he give them a good home.

Over the last few years I've sold many of my MR pieces. And I never regretted it.

But I think I wouldn't let go one special collectible (to small? please click):

View attachment 39119

It's the original life-size (28 inch version) Mohawk Gremlin made by NECA. A beauty in person :love

You know what the really sad thing is......

I've lost interest in collecting props and replicas, i've spent many years amassing this collection and now i have a room full of things that i no longer have a passion for!!

I guess we all go through this at one point or another, and with the financial crunch hitting my family, i'm beginning to think maybe i should just sell the lot!!!

Last edited:

Firstly congrats on your new addition...........the baby that is! I love your collection and if I lived in Scotland I would be popping over to drool over that Locust blaster, have wanted it ever since I saw your posts for it. Should you ever need any room and wish to part with it let me know lol

Thank you so much, getting close now, the wife is now 28 weeks!!!
Latest task has been turning the old office space into a Nursery - All finished now, and all furniture, prams, etc all bought ready and waiting!!

Glad you like the Hammerburst - i often question my sanity after spending over a year building the thing!! However the end result was worth the effort i think!!!

Updated the original post with new pictures - Got some new additions to the office and had to re-arrange!!!

Re: New Office Space - Prop display showoff - UPDATED 19th Jan

Wow, what a pleasant suprise! I was expecting a red stapler and some flare!!!

Thank you so much, getting close now, the wife is now 28 weeks!!!
Latest task has been turning the old office space into a Nursery - All finished now, and all furniture, prams, etc all bought ready and waiting!!

Glad you like the Hammerburst - i often question my sanity after spending over a year building the thing!! However the end result was worth the effort i think!!!

Updated the original post with new pictures - Got some new additions to the office and had to re-arrange!!!

28weeks! Yikes not long now, though sounds you are on top of it all.... so to speak!

I would question anyone's sanity to be fair :confused BUT you can see how much effort went into the Hammerburst, it's a quality piece :love

You plan on making anymore? Replicas that is, not babies lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back