Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Ok I have looked ever where for styrene I'm in the us I can't find it online and also what is the thickness of yours. Is yours 0.30 ok I found some but it says .040 styrene
It's from us plastics

Last edited:
Ok I have looked ever where for styrene I'm in the us I can't find it online and also what is the thickness of yours. Is yours 0.30 ok I found some but it says .040 styrene
It's from us plastics

Just go to lowe's and get a thick plastic sign. They are thick enough and polystyrene. Here is the Styrene that I used for my vaccu formed helmet and mask. High Impact Styrene Sheet | U.S. Plastic Corp. .060 around the thickness of a us quarter.

Ok could I use craft foam or Eva foam and the the problem of make the foam stronger. Is it possible to put fiberglass on craft foam after you put plastic dip on it

does foam melt if you put fiberglass on it? yes.
if you insist on using fiberglass on foam.. though i have no idea why you would want too.. then do it the other way around, glue foam onto the fiberglass after it has cured.

craft foam is essentially the same thing as eva foam, its just usually thinner, so really use what you like.

and as i have said before, this is how i done the costume, don't take this as a tutorial, if you have a better way? do it.
i didnt do this the easy way for anyone but myself, my easy way may involve you learning new materials.
there is never only one way to do these things.
so i would encourage you to try the cardstock pepakura stuff before you try my styrene build, because building it all out from styrene is pretty advanced and very time consuming.

Simply amazing and inspiring. I know what I'm gonna' be working on next. :)

Outstanding job on this. If you don't mind, I'd like to take some of the pics you posted and photoshop you into a different background to better go with the costume.

So, what'cha think?

NCR01BW-sml.jpg

:)

Oh thank god, someone edited out that stupid pink safety zip tie they made me attach during the con'

Looks friggin awesome, great work!! i need to get my suit back so i can do all the things i have planned, including:

Mass producing a full costume for people interested, and constructing a 'kit'.
&
Couple of photoshoots, one at an abandoned refinement plant, as well as one in the cali desert.

i'm putting a shot of this onto the front page of the build

Oh thank god, someone edited out that stupid pink safety zip tie they made me attach during the con'

Looks friggin awesome, great work!! i need to get my suit back so i can do all the things i have planned, including:

Mass producing a full costume for people interested, and constructing a 'kit'.
&
Couple of photoshoots, one at an abandoned refinement plant, as well as one in the cali desert.

i'm putting a shot of this onto the front page of the build
That location is at the Salton Sea. Want to talk about a wasteland befitting your costume! My daughter and I went there earlier this year and shot that photo there. I have a bunch of others that would work well too. I'll edit more and show them to you.

Here's a color version of it...

NCR01hdr-sml.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for putting up this thread - it's been very useful for myself and a few friends ^_^
Very nicely made and very impressive ^_^

I know it's a week after Halloween, but here's my take on the costume. Not the best, but I still think it came out pretty well, considering it's my first time working on anything like this.

IMG_2433.jpg

Are you working on mass producing them and making kits? Or did that fall through?
Oh no! Could i have... missed out? DUH DUH DUUUUH......

i would suggest typing in pepakura wiki into google, and browsing the halo pepakura files and website 405th.com for some great examples of what you can do with papercraft designs ripped from games.
:)
I have never been good with pepakura. Do you have any advice for an easy helmet i could work on to get some practice? It would really help me out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back