Dirty face makeup - Wikus D9

Sidewinder

Sr Member
Hey, anyone got simple tips for making your face/hand look dirty? Something easy to apply/remove. (Oh and an Eslap is ready for anyone suggesting to use dirt :lol )

SAS

Why would an e-slap be in order? Sometimes the best effects come from the original source.
Ask anyone who's weathered a prop by burying it in the back yard.

You could probaby also steal brown powder makeup from your wife and apply it, then mist yourself slightly with water to make the powder run.

my friend ( the stage make-up artist ) suggested dark colors of blushes and some stuff she had in a jar, which looked a LOT like sifted.. Dirt. just sayin, it's the original and best, and also widely available in.. pretty much the whole world.:lol

EDIT: Ben Nye. that was it.
we posted pretty close together.. sorry bout that

do NOT use real dirt... especially on and around your face... Come on guys... I heard of good results coming from applying a LIGHT coat of baby oil over the face and then lightly powdering with some of the "clean dirt" from Ben Nye.

I actually found a tip saying get some cork, set fire to the end, put out, then rub the burnt area on your skin. Found this works quite well with a little water added too.

SAS

The cork, clean dirt and texas dirt are all good suggestions. Ben nye sells a charcoal powder and various shades of powdered "dirt".

Cocoa powder works well too. The kind you bake with, not the kind that comes in the little Swiss Miss packet.

In the past I've used dark foundation makeup mixed with brown food colouring to varying degrees, then powered charcoal on top.

Depends just how filthy you want to look!

I've just used cheap halloween palletes for bruised/dirty looks. I also used acylic paint for my hands, just add water!

Very cheap method of weathering. :p :D

wow, these are great ideas. Not to derail the thread, but kinda on the same topic. What is out there to make up one to look extremely pale/sickly?

wow, these are great ideas. Not to derail the thread, but kinda on the same topic. What is out there to make up one to look extremely pale/sickly?

For halloween i used this:

Ben Nye Face Powder Super White and Powders Facepainting buy Facepaints

to basically give myself a very pale pallor - it doesn't look like white makeup, it instead makes you look kinda waxy and ill. I coupled it with a purple powder makeup under the eyes and tiny amounts of black along the cheekbones and in hollows on the face.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back