Anyone get the new "metal" 11th Doctor's sonic screwdriver-screwdriver?

It's junk, don't waste your money. Looks good in the package, but when you get it out, it's a world of disappointment. The CO toy is far superior and actually looks less like a toy compared to the WOW version.

It's junk, don't waste your money. Looks good in the package, but when you get it out, it's a world of disappointment. The CO toy is far superior and actually looks less like a toy compared to the WOW version.

Do you have both? I'm curious, if this one is supposedly "Actual Size", how does it compare dimensionally with the CO toy?

I would echo Asp9mm's comment's.

It's not a good product.

A friend bought one and took these shots (bit blurry so apols)

WoWSonic001.jpg

WoWSonic002.jpg

CO Toy (Bottom) and WOW Sonic (Top) together

WoWSonic005.jpg

My advice would be don't bother - the toy is much better.

Kind regards

Paul

I've seen on youtube reviews that the lights and sound are activated by the little button on the white part of the handle. It stays on until you turn it off. It's not activated by the screwdriver bits afterall. It also sounds nothing like the sonic screwdriver, just a high pitched screeching sound. Seems like a piece of crap to me. The only thing I like better about it than the CO is the white handle and the emitter claws. I suppose if you got both and wanted to try and put them both together taking the best parts of each one, you could take off the WOW sound chip and use the CO chip instead. Plus you could put the button on the black part of the handle (like the prop). You'd still have to try and re-engineer the bottom half to make the top spring/flick out though. I believe the WOW led is brighter than the CO. I still think the metal parts look like plastic.

I'll stick with my CO for now.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back