Potter brooms

Aquaman

Sr Member
Does anyone know anything about the Noble Collection "collectors quality" broom replicas? They sell both the Firebolt and the Nimbus 2001. I have never been impressed by Nobles things but wondered about these?

Not a big fan of these. They are ok from a distance but upclose not that good. I think they are very expensive for what you get. Depends what you are after. Official collectable thats ok in a case - go for it. Replica prop - don't bother.

In that case, the search feature revealed that member, the eli said,

Noble collection brooms are great to look at but plastic and not very convincing in person. I only bought the Nimbus 2001 from NC. I have the Nimbus 2000, Numbus 2001 and Firebolt. I have them hanging next to my other Harry Potter items

They Sell them at the park. I've been told there very heavy I think I heard once they like the wands. A hero broom was sent to Noble and the made a 1:1 from it just like the wand

Yes. They are heavy. The nimbus is awful. The straw part is just once solid piece of resin. The Firebolt is very nice. Each straw is a separate piece. The paint was pretty nice and the detail is exact. Both are very fragile though. Good for display. Got a chance to see them at FAO Schwarz in NY.

I've held them and can't say I was impressed. Like Benhs said, the nimbus was pretty awful. The tail is a solid piece of resin and the silver ring was cheap metal. Also, the kickstand was poorly assembled, held together with ugly screws instead of welded or otherwise fixed. The tail is also attached to the handle with a rather hideous screw that is very exposed. The Handle felt hollow and did not impress me.

As far as the Firebolt goes, the handle is slightly better (but still very obviously plastic) and the tail is a little better. However, where the end of the tail is individual pieces of plastic, the part where they meet the rings is again a cast piece of resin. In my opinion, it is not an effective piece. I saw the real props in the Seattle museum exhibit, and was very impressed with them. Aiming to take what I saw there and create my own replicas. I've done the Nimbus 2001 before, using fiberglassed rope for the tail and a carved/sanded wood handle. Made the kickstand out of steel and wire brushed it to give it a nice polished look.

Anywho, in summary, if you have the skills, you can make a better broom for less than what the Noble Collection is going to charge you.

Good luck man!

i

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back