Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood costume

I got the polyester. Flowed slightly better than the wool did, and that's part of what I was looking for. I almost wanted to be one of those people that tried to make it period accurate (after all, the 1500s are a pretty awesome time period) but I couldn't do that and maintain the integrity that is the graphics of the game.

Thanks for letting me know! I agree with you on the importance of maintaining the quality of how the costume is portrayed. Same goes with how it drapes and flows. Great work so far! :thumbsup

man that hood is lookin pretty amazing thus far.
can't wait to see the final product, great work.!!.

I'm not quite done with the collar it's attached to. I want to put some lace on it to feminize it a little and make it a little more interesting. I don't really want to fuss anymore with the actual hood part, though.

I think you're doing an awesome job interpreting a female version of the costume.
I've got a full costume I'm planning on doing for next years dragon con. It'll be nice to see some other Assassins out there.
Keep up the great work.:thumbsup

in the game the costume looks as though it is heavy and as if the material has inside flexible plastic to keep everything staright and yet be able to bend. The costume needs to be heavy (to some extent).

Thats just my opinion. This is exactly what makes a life costume different from the assassin costume from the games.

So if I were you I would consider adding some inside padding to the costume layers or adding some inside metal lines on the edges of the costume/strips coming down on the costume.
I dont mean no disrespect to the guy who made this costume, it is great and I couldnt have made anything even close to that, but it does very much highlight the point that I was trying to make above.

His costume is good but it doesnt LOOK good because of the weight of the material or the lack of padding. You will make the same mistake unless you do something about it :)

Thanks for the constructive criticism, albeit I wish you had said so in my thread instead of here... :rolleyes

having had experience using Duckcloth (in my altair - one of the stiffest fabrics you'll find), gabardine (in my Ezio AC2) and a jersey knit (in my latest ACB Ezio), my problem lies in how I store my costumes as I make them - usually shoved in a duffle bag without folding. if you iron it and hang it you'll be better off than I was at the time of the picture above.

it's not in the stiffness of the fabric and it's not the amount of layers either (everything seen here is at least 2). Since this photo however I've discovered the use of spray starch while I'm ironing my costumes - it ends up looking loads better. I'd recommend investing in a can, it certainly makes things look a lot more crisp.

As for your hood, it looks great but I have 2 suggestions - the ribbon looks a bit thick, I would have used a thinner version but I know it's a lot of work to redo something like that. also depending on which version you go with, there's a red edge along the front that I plan to fix on mine soon too.

I'll bring my pattern pieces with me to school and scan them there for you.

I was hoping for the ACB set. How close to ACB do the AC2 patterns get?

I used the same store bought pattern for the suit, I just added skirting more like my altair. the cape is the same but I played that by ear. The bracer is completely different, I just made a rough bowling pin shape that matched the shin guards I bought from walmart. the belt is identical, it just has the extra cutout in the center, I do have some patterns for that but you'll have to scale it down to your size. I think I also have some sort of pattern for the V shape of the silk, but I'll have to look. I already posted my hood pattern, but yours looks just as good.

anything else, feel free to ask.

I would have used a smaller ribbon, but this one was just so perfect. It kinda resembles the "A" symbol you see everywhere. Besides, looking at it, it just kind of works for what I'm doing.

that hood looks very nice! just probably have to work a bit on the front edge of the hoodie. apart from that its amazing! :D

I'm not quite done with the collar it's attached to. I want to put some lace on it to feminize it a little and make it a little more interesting. I don't really want to fuss anymore with the actual hood part, though.

well again so far the hood itself is amazing.
the detail looks phenominal, it will be pretty badass to see this complete especially making it more feminine or femme fatal-ish haha.
keep it up.

Just a little something important I'd like to add regarding how the hood is connected to the rest of the outfit; but before I do, I'd like to say that your hood is perfect the way it is, especially for a more feminine version of the Brotherhood outfit. There is absolutely no need to change yours.

Okay, so what I noticed when I took a close look at the hood in the game is that it is directly connected to the vest like a hoodie. However, I have no idea what the lapels would be connected to since the hood is connected to the vest like a Renaissance version of a hoodie. Is Ezio wearing like three or four shirts!?

I know that live action movie Assassin's Creed Lineage might throw people off because that hood seems to be completely disconnected to the outfit, so I'm just putting that out there.

Well done! If you are looking for a rapier I would suggest looking at the Hanwei Practical Rapier. I use one for the SCA and couldn't be happier with it. It has a button tip so there is no point to worry about, and should pass con security.

HanweiShop.com - Hanwei Practical Rapier, 37" Blade, Hanwei - Fencing Swords, SH1099

I use a 43 in blade with mine.

I may have drooled a little when I saw that, and cried when I saw the price tag. Maybe a little. It was hard to tell through the drooling and crying.

Just a little something important I'd like to add regarding how the hood is connected to the rest of the outfit; but before I do, I'd like to say that your hood is perfect the way it is, especially for a more feminine version of the Brotherhood outfit. There is absolutely no need to change yours.

Okay, so what I noticed when I took a close look at the hood in the game is that it is directly connected to the vest like a hoodie. However, I have no idea what the lapels would be connected to since the hood is connected to the vest like a Renaissance version of a hoodie. Is Ezio wearing like three or four shirts!?

I know that live action movie Assassin's Creed Lineage might throw people off because that hood seems to be completely disconnected to the outfit, so I'm just putting that out there.

In my design, that's basically the hood piece. I'm cutting the rest of it so it's a little more like the Renaissance style of dress. It's kinda hard to describe, but I'll be taking plenty of pictures when I get more work done on it. I'd be taking pictures now, but it doesn't have any sleeves and it looks a little odd.

They can range from roughly 80-150 depending on the retailer, Kate got mine for less than 100 a few years ago for our anniversary (nothing says "I love you" like the cold kiss of steel! LOL) If I find a good deal I will notify immediately.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back