Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips - FINISHED with pics

PHArchivist

Master Member
Are the Razorbak5 arrow tips (with the sheaths) still being offered today by the manufacturer?

If they are no longer in production, then there may be a small market for resin copies.

Would be easy enough to mold and cast, and pulled casts should be relatively cheap (what - $10, or so?)...

Anyone who has one should consider this...

EDIT 12/28/2011:

Finally finished these!

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo-009.jpg-79158d1325218582

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo-010.jpg-79159d1325218582

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo-011.jpg-79160d1325218582

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo-012.jpg-79161d1325218582

Last edited:
Re: Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips?

I don't know if they are being offered by the manufacturer still but they are pretty easily picked up on eBay. They would still need to be backfilled and painted to get them right, but the nice thing is, the box they come in is the same box used in the movie.

I don't know if they are being offered by the manufacturer still but they are pretty easily picked up on eBay. They would still need to be backfilled and painted to get them right, but the nice thing is, the box they come in is the same box used in the movie.

Art, you are "the man"! I just purchased these on the bay. Thanks for the tip! ;)

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rz5-001.jpg-38761d1290097608

Nice score! It's especially cool that the box is the same.

If you do decide to mod the tips to make them SA and make a few resin copies, I'd be up for one.

Art, you are "the man"! I just purchased these on the bay. Thanks for the tip! ;)

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rz5-001.jpg-38761d1290097608

Nice find. They are still floating about. I adapted mine with P38 car filler, to hide the open ends, I have since acquired plastic caps that after drilling a small hole in the middle snap tightly over the open ends. Its a shame the sleeves are not the 5 ring type like the movie used versions, I know it took me ages to find those types, but they do surface, as do the Ripper arrow tips. :)

I made an improvised display for the theme. Its not entirely screen accurate, as the bow is only a cheap one I adapted, as I couldnt afford the Rambo 2 Hoyt Spectra with Omega wheels, or the Rambo 3 Pro vantage FPS Plus, but it works OK for a bit of fun. The glow stick on the arrow even works, which has a small 12V neon inside it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcqZCJXhtV4

Like I said, its just a bit of fun. :)

Nice find. They are still floating about. I adapted mine with P38 car filler, to hide the open ends, I have since acquired plastic caps that after drilling a small hole in the middle snap tightly over the open ends. Its a shame the sleeves are not the 5 ring type like the movie used versions, I know it took me ages to find those types, but they do surface, as do the Ripper arrow tips. :)

Dang it..! Oh well...

Last edited:

By the way, how would I go about obtaining the correct arrow shaft for this arrow head?

Forgive me - I know nothing about archery.

Are the threaded shafts of these replacable heads standardized?

Is there anything unique about the shafts used in the film?

Anything else...?

By the way, how would I go about obtaining the correct arrow shaft for this arrow head?

Forgive me - I know nothing about archery.

Is there anything unique about the shafts used in the film?

Anything else...?

Im unsure mate, basically what I did was to buy some arrow shafts, cut them in half, and add a small ali tube.

I believe they are---

I own a box of Razorbak5s too:

IM003158.jpg

IM003159.jpg

Scored these in early 2008 for a Rambo II impression (which I completed, but just never got around to converting the arrowheads or box to screen accurate).

I also bought a set of arrow shafts for the impression from a local sporting store (Canadian Tire).

Just now before typing this post, I successfully attached one of my Razorbak arrowheads to the standard shaft (which was actually my first time trying this since I bought all this stuff nearly 3 years ago! :lol)

So I would say yes that the Razorbaks should fit any arrow shaft. :thumbsup

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Thanks guys... Got my Razorbaks today.

I'm happy with them, but bugged that they're not the 5-ring type sheath. Oh well. Are the porportions otherwise the same? Same length and diameter at the base?

Kevin what is the item in the black thing in the center of the case? I received the black block, but not the metal rod inserted in it.

Silly question, but how do you even remove the sheaths (not that I plan to, unless necessary).

Art those are stunning - thanks!

The shot with the closed lid confirms what I presumed. Since the logo RAZORBAK>5 is in molded, raised lettering, they simply laid over it with a sheet of plastic.

Are the porportions otherwise the same? Same length and diameter at the base?

I believe the length is the same but the width at the base is definitely slimmer for the 4 ring version we have. (However I do not have the 5 rings to compare with- I'm just basing my opinion on screengrabs.)

Kevin what is the item in the black thing in the center of the case? I received the black block, but not the metal rod inserted in it.

The Razorbaks have a little hole at the top of the threaded shaft- the rod is used to tighten the arrowhead onto the arrowshaft. I guess like the key of a drill chuck. You can't just turn the arrowhead onto the shaft yourself with your fingers because the bladed section has the ability to "spin". So you need the rod to tighten the arrowhead.

Did that make any sense? :lol

Silly question, but how do you even remove the sheaths (not that I plan to, unless necessary).

Far as I can tell they are simply held in with friction. Go ahead and take one off- you won't cut your fingers to pieces. ;) :lol

Seriously though- 'dem blades is sharp! :eek

And Art is bang on that the explosive arrowheads were done very quick and dirty without much finesse. Sheaths filled and hurriedly painted. Even the paint can be seen bleeding onto the tip of the arrow in some shots.

PDVD_029.jpg

Kevin

Last edited:

I believe the length is the same but the width at the base is definitely slimmer for the 4 ring version we have. (However I do not have the 5 rings to compare with- I'm just basing my opinion on screengrabs.)

Damn! I hope you're wrong, but I think you're right!

Mine are roughly 25mm diameter at the base, by 45mm long. Roughly...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back