Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips - FINISHED with pics

Re: Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips?

Thats weird, mine have the 5 rings and the 2 hinges. Im wondering if the props guys had a whole lot of these and jumbled them about a bit. I know the company Pony Express dealt with the broadheads for the movie, and Hoyt for the Bow.

Also..... Notice the box... Rambo's box looks to be yellow-ish rather than orange where the paint is flaking off of the hinges. AND there are only 2 small hinges as opposed to 1 big hinge. I'll bet these were the earliest version of these broadheads.

Damn good eye, Joey. I'd not noticed that. But I am pretty sure I have seen yellow boxes on eBay. So that makes sense - the original box likely was yellow.

Mine has a double hinge.

IM003159.jpg

Except there is one other difference with mine- the inside top of the box has that recessed rectangle, where the screenused box does not.

Unless they filled it in with the screenused box- but you probably would not be able to make out the RAZORBAK lettering that can be seen if they did do that.

Kevin

Last edited:

Mine has a double hinge.

IM003159.jpg

Except there is one other difference with mine- the inside top of the box has that recessed rectangle, where the screenused box does not.

Unless they filled it in with the screenused box- but you probably would not be able to make out the RAZORBAK lettering that can be seen if they did do that.

Kevin

Kev
Thats wierd mate.
I have the two hinges same as you, but my box has the large recess on top, as the movie one does, and I have the lettering coming through the lid, but I dont have the small rectangle as your one has, this is so wierd that there are many variations. lol

what's even funnier is...
I don't have this prop nor do i have any intention of making one.
I just wanted to get in on the discussion

It looks like he uses a 4 rings cover in that pic.......I also seen some other pics with a different bow (different sight on it) !!!

C:\Users\FREDO2X\Documents\rambo13.jpg

It looks like he uses a 4 rings cover in that pic.......I also seen some other pics with a different bow (different sight on it) !!!

C:\Users\FREDO2X\Documents\rambo13.jpg

Hard to tell... I can sort of see it either way - 4 or 5. But thanks for posting the cap!

So, these are far from perfect as they are Razorbak 5's with the 4 rings instead of 5 and the box also has slight differences, but I think they are still pretty good. I just need to get some card stock for the "Explosives" cover and these babies are going up in the Junkyard.

I tried to leave the bottoms a bit rough and unfinished like the originals but I think the originals are still more rough than mine.

BTW, paint constantly wears at the points where the lid of the box closes.

attachment.php

There was certainly some arguement about it. I read earlier that the ones from Rambo II were gold, so I painted mine gold. I honestly don't know because I can't see colors well.

I'm like Art, not too good with some shades of color but they look gold to me, maybe with a light light dusting of black. Not red enough for copper if that makes sense.

I painted mine with a spray can, but in looking at the originals, even the paint is pretty rough, giving them more depth and texture, while mine appear very "new" and shiny. I almost want to put a black wash on them, but there is no indication of that on the movie heads.

Those look great! I like the refreshing new look!

I agree with your color choice, Art. In the pics below, though I don't know if these are screen-used or fan-built, you can see what a copper one looks like compared to the gold.

I may try a Sharpie permanent marker on the hinges and latch of the box. Wonder if the plastic might absorb the ink at all?

By the way, I may have a JY offering soon after yours, Art, but of a slightly different nature! ;)

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambocomeshome3.jpg-38767d1290105415

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambocomeshome4.jpg-39120d1290567080

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back