Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips - FINISHED with pics

How dare you sir! Rambo II is classic 80's Americana, you know, back when the Russians were still the baddies and it was still cool to love your country!

This was the first R rated movie I saw and it left quite the impression! OK, it had it's hokey moments, but still...

Re: Rambo's Explosive Arrow Tips?

How dare you sir! Rambo II is classic 80's Americana, you know, back when the Russians were still the baddies and it was still cool to love your country!

This was the first R rated movie I saw and it left quite the impression! OK, it had it's hokey moments, but still...

Oh don't get me wrong - it is a classic, and was a staple of my senior year in highschool!

Like the new tips?

Oh don't get me wrong - it is a classic, and was a staple of my senior year in highschool!

Like the new tips?

PH, do you tell us that we need the Razorbak-4 cover with Razorbak-5 heads to have the correct thing ???

PH, do you tell us that we need the Razorbak-4 cover with Razorbak-5 heads to have the correct thing ???

No... If I place the five-ribbed sheath over the RAZORBAK>5s, the blades still protrude out from the bottom.

My presumption is that during production, the sheaths varied in style / format.

I believe Raven1973 has the correct set-up in his collection (RAZORBAK>5s; five-ribbed sheaths; no blade protrusion), and hence I suspect there may be at least one more variety of sheath that was made (five-ribbed, but that fits over the RAZORBAK>5s with no blade protrusion.

Or you could just grind the bottom of the blades.

The challenge I see with that (other than the physical task of grinding razor blades!), is the spacing (see pic).

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo-0045.jpg-39981d1291480838

For me, the look of the sheaths is more important than the blade protrusion issue, so I may just make my replica with the 4's as they are out of the box.

Last edited:

also, here's a comparison of the 4's inside the box and a screncap
img1001gq.jpg

img1002j.jpg

rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo_ii_explosive_arrowheads_01.jpg-39067d1290523023

funny how on the inside of the lid you can still see the Razorbak letters

Last edited:

Cool! Awseome pics - thanks for posting!

Though, now I'm a bit confused (Raven1973, are you listening?)...

I thought for certain that it was determined that it was the 5's used as the explosive tips, but based on these images, and the sheaths I received with my 4's, it sure seems that the 4's are the correct version.

Knowing about film production and props, they probably used both!

Is that just the filler showing on the underside or ar some of the blades visible?
rambos-explosive-arrow-tips-rambo_ii_explosive_arrowheads_01.jpg-39067d1290523023

Also..... Notice the box... Rambo's box looks to be yellow-ish rather than orange where the paint is flaking off of the hinges. AND there are only 2 small hinges as opposed to 1 big hinge. I'll bet these were the earliest version of these broadheads.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back