Tim Burton's next film is.....

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
----------------------------------

Warner Brothers announced today that Tim Burton‘s next film will be his masterpiece entitled, "Johnny Depp 3D." This film will also be released in IMAX 3D on March 27, 2012.

Warner Brothers Studios Motion Pictures and IMAX Corporation today announced that Johnny Depp 3D, directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp as himself will be released to IMAX® theaters simultaneously with the film’s wide release on March 27, 2012. The special IMAX® 3D release will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-Mastering) technology.

Commenting on the announcement, Tim Burton said, “If ever there was a film that cried out to be presented in Digital 3D(TM) and the premium IMAX 3D format, my fantastic obsession and interpretation of ‘Johnny Depp 3D’ is that film. This is going to be an eye-popping cinematic experience as I take moviegoers into the dimensional world filled with one incredible character, sly humor, and the wild adventures of Johnny Depp. We look forward to working with them in bringing exciting new experiences and quality entertainment to IMAX screens around the world.”

“We think that Tim's new ‘Johnny Depp 3D’ is exactly the type of 3D story telling that will resonate with IMAX audiences,” said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. “We believe our worldwide commercial theatre network will be approximately 50 percent larger by the time this film is released, giving more and more people a chance to experience the magic of Johnny Depp in IMAX.”

“‘Johnny Depp 3D’ is a fantastic addition to our 2012 film slate,” added Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “Combining a beloved actor of Tim Burton and through the imagination of his creative vision with this incredibly outrageous character and world class actor certainly makes for an event-status film, and we’re pleased to add another level of excitement to this highly-anticipated movie.”

Warner Brothers also confirms there will be a sequel and actress Helena Helena Bonham Carter is already signed on.

------------------------------------------

of course not. loads of people everywhere would pay loads of money to see johnny depp in 3d.

i did manage to spray my coffee all over my keyboard though, thanks for this :D

Boy! A billion women worldwide just suffered slight fainting spells! Including but not limited to sparrowed!

Maybe a few men too can be categorized in that group as well!

The movie I was hoping to see-
MV5BMTcwNTc4NTMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzc5ODYz._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Little Timmy Combs His Hair.

Oh god. You're right. I cannot believe what I'm reading here:

Johnny Depp 3D (film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Theatrical poster
Directed by Tim Burton
Produced by Richard D. Zanuck
Joe Roth
Suzanne Todd
Jennifer Todd
Screenplay by Linda Woolverton
Based on Fictionalized life of Johnny Depp (as himself)
Starring
Johnny Depp
Helena Bonham Carter
(Remaining cast TBA)
Music by Danny Elfman
Cinematography Dariusz Wolski
Editing by Chris Lebenzon
Studio Roth Films
The Zanuck Company
Team Todd
Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures
Release date(planned) February 25, 2012 (London)
Running time 294 minutes
Country United States
Language English
Budget $350[1][2]–$400[3] million
Gross revenue $TBA

Johnny Dep 3D is an American fantasy adventure film directed by Tim Burton based on the fictionalized adventures of real-life star actor Johnny Depp (playing himself), written by Linda Woolverton, and to be released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film stars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter with remaining cast yet to be determined at the time of writing. Depp plays himself as a larger-than-life character continually falling into one amusing, surreal escapade after another, set in a world based on our own but featuring Burton's trademark skewed, Gothic design sensibility.

The film uses a combination of live action and 3D animation in a story that can neither be described as a fantasy nor as a biopic. Burton developed the story because he never felt an emotional connection to the reality of everyday life, with its signature lack of disturbing purple, black or stripey set decorations and characters in whiteface makeup. The film is set to premiere in London at the Odeon Leicester Square in 2012 with Australian and US releases to follow through IMAX 3D and Disney Digital 3D, as well as in traditional theaters. The film is expected to cross the USD one billion mark in worldwide grosses, like Burton's disappointing previous release 'Alice in Wonderland'.[5][6]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 (alleged) Plot
* 2 Cast and (SO original) characters
* 3 Production
* 4 Music
o 4.1 Soundtrack
o 4.2 Diddly diddly diddly diddly, domm domm domm domm, whaaa whaaa whaaa whaaa
* 5 Release
o 5.1 (Over)Marketing
o 5.2 (Ghastly) video game
o 5.3 (save us from) Home media
* 6 Reception
o 6.1 (huge) Box Office (for no earthly reason)
o 6.2 (savage) Critical Response (which won't seem to matter)
o 6.3 Accolades (that some idiots will doubtless give)
* 7 Possible stage adaptation (please no)
* 8 References
* 9 External links

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back