My Kryptonian Wedding, Wedding Vows Update 1/14 Page 3

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update Page 2:
Reception photos with more Kryptonian Koolness!!!!

Well some of you know I've been away for quite some time. Many things have happened. One of which was I got re-married. My wife is an incredible woman, especially when it came to our wedding. The theme we picked was KRYPTONIAN (not Superman). We incorporated many elements from comic and film. The style became known as "Geek-Shiek". Geek enough for the fans to get it, but not over the top that it scared the straights. We got married on 10-10-10.

Here's a peek into the wedding. I'll have more fully detailed pics later.
kw01.jpg

kw02.jpg

kw03.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sneak Peek: My Kryptonian Wedding

Aw come on Man...the Bride..THE BRIDE!!!
Congradulations my friend :)

Outstanding!!
Wonder what use you put the City Dome to?
Tise consoles are fantastic also - have you considered selling them on now its done??
And yeah - was the bride in a reflective kryptonian dress??:lol

You tease where are the wedding pics?! :lol

Always good seeing you post!

I have just scratched out the definition of "cool" in my dictionary and replaced it with your name. :D

Wow. Thank you FJ. :cool

This whole wedding has been a labor of love to prepare for. We were racking our brains trying to come up with a theme that would reflect us. We both come from divorces and our daughters are the same age, 9.

When we thought of the kryotonian theme we wanted to make it cool but not over the top. The first thing we thought was a logo to use throughout the wedding. So I came up with this, our new family crest:
kw05.jpg

So whenever this symbol appeared, it was clear that it was from our family dubed "The House of Val"

Then the ideas just started pouring out from the announcements and invites to the wedding altar and reception. Everything was very carefully planned and designed with a specific purpose.

Using the crest as a background element was borrowed from DC Comics promotional material. Here's what the announcements look like:
kw06a.jpg

MORE TO COME: Next posting, Invites and Location.

Re: Sneak Peek: My Kryptonian Wedding, Logo & Announcements

HOLY **** DUDE!!!!!

I am LOVING that red K, and the consoles are friggin AMAZING!!!!!!!

That city dome looks cool. Can't wait to see the special surprise pics :)

Really glad the wedding turned out amazing. You did a hell of a job on the setup! Congrats to you and the new blushing bride!!!!

Chris

I'm preparing the next updated now. Just wait till I get into the actual wedding altar!

Invitations:
We wanted to go simple, minimal and elegant. Again the family crest is present as well as the Kryptonian text. Since the wedding colors are dark red and silver we thought this would be a great opportunity to have them printed with a metallic red foil stamping. The paper was chosen to reflect the crystal/glacier feel of Krypton

kw07a.jpg

The location for this event definately had to match the theme. We didn't know what to do. But...one of my groomsmen suggested a location for us and when we saw the pictures we had to book it asap.

The San Jose City Hall Rotunda:
The OUTSIDE
kw09.jpg

The View from INSIDE LOOKING UP
kw08.jpg

kw10.jpg

Absolutely BREATH-TAKING!!! How could we not have it there. Our wedding was in October and we were still able to book it in April for 10-10-10. We got more than lucky on that one.

Next up: THE WEDDING ALTAR!!!!!

Re: Sneak Peek: My Kryptonian Wedding, Invites & Location Posted

OMG, this is so cooooool ! Here goes another 'subscribed to' thread :)

Wow!!!! that is so sweet. love the detail so far. Can't wait to see the rest

This is an incredible undertaking.
Congratulations to your family.

The Wedding Ceremony and Altar:
Believe it or not my wife found this except from a comic panel depicting a Kryptonian wedding. We found several others similar to it. We joked around about how cool would it be to actualy make this "Jewel of Truth and Honor", then I looked at it and said "I think I can make this", her reply, "DO IT!!!":
kw30.jpg

So from there I came up with a concept of the alter combining the comic and elements from the Fortress of Solitude from the films:
kw31.jpg

Here is the end result. An 8-foot diameter Kryptonian Wedding Alter:

kw37.jpg

kw38.jpg

kw39.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back