Lighted moebius galactica. ** DONE**

cylon75

Hi guys my next project is the Moebius Galactica. Just got mine in the mail about hour ago cant wait to start this. I plan on lighting the head ,landing bays ,area where the bays retract (in red)and the engines. I think will start with the head pc. I have also bought the etch that goes with this and a set of guns from timeslip.and I'm 90% sure that I'm putting the decals on here that Acreation models is making right now.

000_0360.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lighted moebius galactica.

Started work on the head this evening -found out on how I plan to light this part here's a test shot so far.

000_0361.jpg

000_0365.jpg

Wow, wasn't paying attention to their website to see this was released. 14 inches isn't too bad, but that's on the same scale/size as the DST polystone Galactica. Hopefully Moebius will hear the pleas for a 24-36 inch long model.

Wow, wasn't paying attention to their website to see this was released. 14 inches isn't too bad, but that's on the same scale/size as the DST polystone Galactica. Hopefully Moebius will hear the pleas for a 24-36 inch long model.

Not that I have the talent anymore to make a decent model, but I'd still love to see a Galactica and a Pegasus model that are at least the same bloody scale. I have the Titanium Ultra Galactica, and I really wish they had come out with the Peggy too.

A 24" long Galactica....with detail and lighting.....drool

Cheers,

Guy

Oh lord I want that model...if I didn't have 6 already in queue....

BTW, how's the detail on the gun turrets?

Today i added the antenna to the bottom head piece its basically missing all of them. (I used needles for it) added some detail to the hole head piece and painted it .Than i started working on how I plan to light the area that the bays retract into the ship. I think it will work.

000_0366.jpg

000_0367.jpg

000_0368.jpg

000_0372.jpg

000_0373.jpg

000_0374.jpg

000_0369.jpg

000_0371.jpg

Looking good! When finished, can the bays be displayed in both positions?

Wow, it is really starting to look nice.

I was skeptical when I first saw the new BSG on the new series but have come to like it just as much as the original...

Looking good! When finished, can the bays be displayed in both positions?

The model is designed to be shown in the open position and that how I'm showing mine. But one could very easily modified to be shown in the closed to.

I got the head piece weathered and set up with the lights. Still waiting for the guns to come in to finish it. Also worked on the bay retraction area,and built little box's to put the red lights in. I also gave up on doing some detail between the main body ribs (to Small).

100_2397.jpg

100_2398.jpg

100_2399.jpg

100_2400.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2406.jpg

100_2407.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back