Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster - New build with electronics - Page 3

Re: Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster

So, I've spent a rather leisureley time over the last few months building a few new Who props. Then a few frenzied weeks trying to finish them before Time War 2010 a few weeks ago :wacko

For those of you who saw my table at Rotherham, the Alpha-Meson blaster and squareness guns have now been repainted and in this case redetailed since the con.

Anyway, this is River's blaster from The Pandorica Opens/Big Bang. The grip and trigger guard are heavily modified from a Nerf gun, the rest is scratch built.

Will post squareness gun pics soon :)

2dv3cs9.jpg
FYI, I saw that version of the Visual Dictionary at Barnes & Noble a couple nights ago, and in flipping through its pages, I've discovered something...

RIVER SONG'S ALPHA MESON BLASTER IS A REDRESS/REPAINT OF THE NOVICE HAME PISTOL PROP FROM SEASON/SERIES 2! :eek

Seriously, they took that gun, added a greeblie or 2, and gave it a fresh coat of paint. So whichever toy pistol they used, it was available in shops during the filming/production of Season/Series 2 back whenever they filmed it (late 2005, maybe?)

FYI, I saw that version of the Visual Dictionary at Barnes & Noble a couple nights ago, and in flipping through its pages, I've discovered something...

RIVER SONG'S ALPHA MESON BLASTER IS A REDRESS/REPAINT OF THE NOVICE HAME PISTOL PROP FROM SEASON/SERIES 2! :eek

Seriously, they took that gun, added a greeblie or 2, and gave it a fresh coat of paint. So whichever toy pistol they used, it was available in shops during the filming/production of Season/Series 2 back whenever they filmed it (late 2005, maybe?)

Not exactly correct, the VD got that wrong...the original pistol (black, with no scope) was used in the episode Gridlock, by the travellers who kidnap Martha.

The gun turns out to be a toy...guess it is the Nu-Earth equivalent of an airsoft replica of an Alpha Meson blaster :lol

Not exactly correct, the VD got that wrong...the original pistol (black, with no scope) was used in the episode Gridlock, by the travellers who kidnap Martha.

The gun turns out to be a toy...guess it is the Nu-Earth equivalent of an airsoft replica of an Alpha Meson blaster :lol
I stand corrected.

After being used in "Day of the Moon", I really want one of these.
Anyone ever find a reliable source for the knockoff pistols?

Finished my replica of River's "spoiler" book yesterday.
And just ordered a nite-finder, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend so I can have a go at it.

These screen caps are from sat episode2 series/season6, hope you like.

5672-vlcsnap-2011-05-01-15h27m25s6.png

5671-vlcsnap-2011-05-01-15h27m16s176.png

5670-vlcsnap-2011-05-01-15h27m06s53.png

Does look alot like these toy guns...:)

Thanks Carl9149! I was hoping someone would post these screen caps!

Nice! It's really nice to know I was correct on the switch on back of the one I did.

I'm trying to scam a NERF Scout off of my nephew now.....he is 19, he does not need it anymore!!

5671-vlcsnap-2011-05-01-15h27m16s176.png

5670-vlcsnap-2011-05-01-15h27m06s53.png

Does look alot like these toy guns...:)
And look at that... they've now modded the prop to add the typical, IMPRACTICAL AND DANGEROUS glowing LED indicator light that is a staple of SF movies and TV shows, even though in real life, it would probably get you KILLED by giving away your position!

I know what you mean about that LED, but to give the prop makers their due, it has been there since it was first used in Gridlock. It would appear though that since its last outing at the end of the previous series, more paint has scratched off that area making the glow far more obvious and pronounced.

It is a cool gun though.

Holluba

Last edited:

And look at that... they've now modded the prop to add the typical, IMPRACTICAL AND DANGEROUS glowing LED indicator light that is a staple of SF movies and TV shows, even though in real life, it would probably get you KILLED by giving away your position!

Your avatar and signature are of a big green glowing guy.

BINGO! My nephew will give up his Scout!

Last edited:

Is posting live auctions now allowed on the board?
Because I was bidding on that auction.
I really can't seem to catch any breaks these days.

And I've got several of the nite-finders(?) to donate the front piece if you need one.
Cheers, Jeff

Last edited:

Thanks Carl! Did anyone grab the shots off the 1st half? There were quite a few good angles, but my wife deleted it to make room for more Oprah!:cry

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back