Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster - New build with electronics - Page 3

Re: Doctor Who - River's Alpha Meson Blaster

And I was watching it ready to snipe!:love
Go get it Nicky! I'll stand down. And I've got several of the nite-finders(?) to donate the front piece if you need one.
Cheers, Jeff

Jeff, now that's what I call Sarasota hospitality. :lol
Much appreciated. PM sent.

Nick,
Sorry again for the screw up.

It's really no big deal. Anyone who really wants one is probably watching it already anyway. It doesn't take much to copy the name of the gun from this thread to ebay, but any level of separation might up my chances of snagging it.

some more screen caps done for you: (PIC HEAVY)

5693-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h39m00s65.png

5692-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h39m38s205.png

5691-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h38m50s226.png

5690-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h38m31s44.png

5689-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h38m10s86.png

5688-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h37m07s196.png

5687-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h36m55s94.png

5686-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h36m28s85.png

5685-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h34m20s93.png

5684-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h31m43s60.png

5680-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h30m16s212.png

5682-vlcsnap-2011-05-03-18h30m59s141.png

Hope these help!

Just bought the Nite Finder and I'm going to give it the old college try. I've NEVER made a prop before so I'm a little excited. Can I ask what material you used to fill in the holes and make the switch on the back?

No offense to Variant, he did a fantastic job, but can we keep this away from being any kind of sales thread, ta :thumbsup
I didn't think it'd become one. I'd just found his build thread and wondered if others had missed it as well. With the scarcity of Nerf scouts, it seemed like a good option for those having trouble finding one.:confused

Not a problem, just don't want to go off course discussing someone elses upcoming for sale thread, in a show-off thread. Thanks :)

Edit: Interceptor, this has turned into a great thread for discussing the Nerfs, and reference, and I would love to see other people's builds, just to clarify. Variant is a total gent, and I think his build is better than mine!

Last edited:

Birdie, how did you make the cutout in the top of the flash section? Variant's was scratch built, but I think the nite-finder is too close not to use. This has bogled me from the start, and I'd like to have a game plan before I start butchering up the Nerfs.

this has turned into a great thread for discussing the Nerfs, and reference, and I would love to see other people's builds!

Birdie, how did you make the "notch" in the top of the light section? This has boggled me as it doesn't exist on the nite-finder.
Here's another "similar" sized pistol. I'll use to make my initial screw ups on this before tackling the "rare" scout.:confused

Birdie, how did you make the "notch" in the top of the light section? This has boggled me as it doesn't exist on the nite-finder.
Here's another "similar" sized pistol. I'll use to make my initial screw ups on this before tackling the "rare" scout.:confused

I also scratch-built that part, except for the the bit that houses the lens, which I just filled in the seam line and attached to the front of the scratched 'H' section.

I think this might have to be my next project. I didn't want one of these...UNTIL I saw everyone else working on theirs and I think I started getting prop envy.

At the very least, I can write it off as good practice before moving onto a fully-scratch built weapon.

(Plus it's a build I can do in a NYC apartment :lol )

Any tips on where to find the knockoff guns?

-Nick

Got my NERF Scout from my nephew today, I also have a nite-finder. Looking forward to doing this build.

I'm nearly done on a new build, using the Scout as base, which is a hella lot easier than converting the nite-finder.

Just winding up the enthusiasm to face the electronics, so the green lights at the back function + the lower barrel (the nitefinder part) illuminates in red.

Hate soldering :unsure

I'm nearly done on a new build, using the Scout as base, which is a hella lot easier than converting the nite-finder.

Just winding up the enthusiasm to face the electronics, so the green lights at the back function + the lower barrel (the nitefinder part) illuminates in red.

Hate soldering :unsure
Hope you took pics along the way!
My Scouts are still sitting in a box, but I became the "solder master" after all those Khan necklaces!!:wacko

Yeah, I did take progress pics :)

Right now my laptop is being repaired, hope to get it back early next week, will post some pics up then.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back