RPF First Annual Halloween Contest Winners!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who voted! Our first costume contest was a great success!

We had 74 entrants and over 7000 voters!

We have learned a lot and are looking forward to doing this again next year!

Our winners are:

Female Category
First place winner is Annisse - Silk Spectre II from Watchmen
attachment.php

Honorable mention #1 is Eveningarwen - Alice/Um from Alice in Wonderland
attachment.php

Honorable mention #2 is iycis - Elizabethan Dress
attachment.php

Kids Category
First place winner is Hogosha - Gene Simmons from KISS
attachment.php

Honorable mention #1 is eacnwood - Shockwave from Transformers
attachment.php

Honorable mention #2 is Neosporing - Kim Jong-il puppet from Team America
attachment.php

Male Category
First place winner is macat - Biomech
attachment.php

Honorable mention #1 is kithunter - Predator
attachment.php

Honorable mention #2 is jp3rks - Zoltar the Fortune Teller from BIG
attachment.php

Thanks for the honorable mention...and for letting me take part of this i've been a member of the RPF for going on 10 years. feels good to get props from my peeps:thumbsup

if it's cool with the mods i would like to give my RPF coin to the 4th place kid costume...luke skywalker:)

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks for the honorable mention...and for letting me take part of this i've been a memeber of the RPF for going on 10 years. feels good to get props from my peeps:thumbsup

if it's cool with the mods i would like to give my RPF coin to the 4th place kid costume...luke skywalker:)

Andrew

:cool You don't get much cooler than that dude. Kudos, and cheers.

I just want to say think you. But more than that I was completely blown away by the quality and creativeness of all of the costumes. It is one thing to compete against people in the neighborhood, it is another thing entirely to go up against the people on this forum. eacnwoods work is fantastic! And the Kim Jong il puppet idea was priceless!

I have NO IDEA what I am going to do next year. Maybe go all retro? Can anybody say Charlie Brown Ghost?

Last edited:
Yeah ....... Thank you too all that Voted :cool:cool:cool:cool:cool

Great Job to all the other winners :):):):):)

and to all the others everyones looked great :):):):)

Congrats to the winners! Your costumes were impressive!

However, unless comments are turned off next year, I'd never enter this contest again. Some of you felt the need to speak up on how you felt about who was more accurate, who made more effort, who didn't make enough effort, who had the best background, etc...was pathetic. It was insulting to those of us who had the guts to even enter our costumes.

Next time, please STFU and let your vote speak for itself.

Congrats to the winners! Your costumes were impressive!

However, unless comments are turned off next year, I'd never enter this contest again. Some of you felt the need to speak up on how you felt about who was more accurate, who made more effort, who didn't make enough effort, who had the best background, etc...was pathetic. It was insulting to those of us who had the guts to even enter our costumes.

Next time, please STFU and let your vote speak for itself.

welcome to the rpf haha ;)

Honestly, it doesnt take guts to enter really. The mens costumes were anonymous and we wouldnt have an idea who was in them unless they posted in other threads or mentioned it really..the women however, have lots of guts....just saying..

congrats to the winners. :) some very impressive work there. :)
and kudos to all contestants. I could list at least a dozen entries that were amazing. stiff competition all around, it was very difficult to pick just one per category. you all really set the bar high. :)

just a thought for the mods:
perhaps for the next contest it may help to clarify to members the difference between a contest and a public, unsolicited critique. I get the sense that people entered reasonably expecting the former and unfortunately some people ended up with the latter. Or perhaps the guidelines for offering critique could be more clear so they're productive rather than based on random subjective opinions. Or maybe just forewarn contestants that critique may be part of the contest. :)

Congrats to the winners and all who entered!:)

The costumes were great this year. It is fun trying to decide which candidate would get your vote...

I must say it was a lot harder voting in the kids section...sooo many great costumes and great to see the kids have fun in this awhile...

great contest :thumbsup

I am surprised Laamberry didnt participate

The kids hands down was great and tough. I think they would have beaten out the adults lol. Laam seems to have gone MIA. I would love to see more of Shockwave

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back