Cheap & Cheerful Star Wars Blasters from a Toy Mauser

Badsprout

We all know that the Broomhandle Mauser was used as a base for a number of prop weapons in Star Wars, so using a cheap plastic toy as a base, I’ve come up with these three cheap and cheerful Star Wars Blasters.

DL-44 ANH Pattern.
Scope is an aluminium 99p Store torch, scope mount is Lego with a couple of central heating pipe clips, flash suppressor is a plastic bottle cap and a toothpaste tube cap. Greeblies from the spares box.

DL-44 ESB Pattern.
Scope, barrel and flash suppressor are 99p Store torches, scope mount is Lego and a central heating pipe clip, and greeblies come from the spares box.

Merr-Sonn Power-5
Barrel is yet another 99p Store torch, scope and curly lead are an old DIN plug, two non-working LEDs adorn the mag, and fittings/greeblies are Lego and bits from the spares box.

Paint is satin black acrylic with gunmetal wash for weathering. The wood effect on the ANH and ESB grips are red brown acrylic drybrushed with a lighter brown.

Total cost in materials on each was around a fiver. They’re not meant to be film-quality replicas, but they’ve definitely got the ‘look’.

Cheers,

Badsprout

Very nice buildup out of a toy gun. Looks very "Starwarsie".
Something caught my attention that actually made me laugh out loud. Take a look at the card and the artwork that's attatched to the bag. It looks like somebody went on a rampage on a beautiful, sunny day in front of somebody's house! :lol:lol:lol

Very nice buildup out of a toy gun. Looks very "Starwarsie".
Something caught my attention that actually made me laugh out loud. Take a look at the card and the artwork that's attatched to the bag. It looks like somebody went on a rampage on a beautiful, sunny day in front of somebody's house! :lol:lol:lol

The guy's definitely got a crazed killer look.

thats awesome! i have a couple of the han solo blaster toys the orange one and the rubies one I plan to do up jsut for good practice.

Nice work!

Nice! You really have to keep an eye for these as they come in 'batches' from China. i.e. when the main importer of your Country brings it in, its usually in a few cartons before selling them off to smaller retailers and so on before it ends up in the shelves.

The only problem is to know where and when to get them.

This is one time I got lucky.
Picture%280303%29B.jpg

Thanks for all the nice words, folks. TBH, I haven't been at the propmaking lark for that long; but the skills I picked up from years of doing Airfix kits and Warhammer/D&D miniatures have obviously not gone to waste. I was a bit apprehensive posting my stuff after seeing some of the fantastic work that's been shown here; but I shouldn't have worried. What a splendid bunch you are!!:cool

Cheers, Badsprout:thumbsup

This thread inspired me to look for cheap mausers and I found these for around $5

Mauser-Friction-Sound-Toy-Gun_240_160_1ESJD.jpgGunPlayset.jpg

The playset is found at buytoyguns (no idea if they are reputable)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back