TRON LEGACY: ID Disc :: Small Update

It would be cool to make one of these discs, I just don't own the machinery to do so and I'm afraid to ask how much it would be to buy said equipment.

Finally saw the movie and am looking forward to more progress.

For the moment, I've filled the void with the deluxe toy bought at my local Target. ;)

Re: TRON LEGACY: ID Disc :: First Pull Pics

Posting for reference:

41806.jpg

41807.jpg

tronlegacy1291339261289.jpg

tronlegacy1291339137251.jpg

Where did you find these pics?

Yes, I just watched the trailers and found it cool that there were 2 modes of use in the lighting.

Identity Disk Modes

Battle Mode: Outter and inner light rings turn on, with the outer ring lights cycling around the outer ring creating a pulsing effect.

Power On & Continous Memory Mode: Inner light ring powers clockwise in a stepped fashion. When the inner ring power up is complete, the outer ring faintly turns on with a dim steady glow around the whole outer blade.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
In the movie you see them handle a disc to see it's contents, and the edge does have some LED light to it. But no blade as far as I can tell. Also I noticed that the inner "nubs" are holo like emitters used to project the contained data of the disc.

Also I noticed that the inner "nubs" are holo like emitters used to project the contained data of the disc.
They look like holes machined into the prop. I wonder if they have some other purpose (hiding a screw, charging points) for the hero props.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back