The Iron Patriot Costume - build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ive been following this thread for a while and when u said propulsion first thing to go out was rockets,the amount of fuel need for flight would be enormous so i thought how he had an arc reactor which makes ELECTRICITY and thought of ION ENGINES they convert air into thrust but the only problem is that the strongest ones today only produce about 1 lb of thrust but thats with little electricity but with 3.4 gigajoules a second that could make it a lot more powerful and as far as the strength goes i figured that actuators and hydraulics would be too bulky and inefficent for control and i remembered reading an article about carbon muscles Carbon Nanotube Muscles Strong as Diamond, Flexible as Rubber | Wired Science | Wired.com
theyre 30 times stronger then human muscles and run on electricity

let me know what u think

what the hell is a jigagoule?!
martyz.jpg

If we were in the 19th century, you'd say the same to Wright brothers.
THIS is the way inventions usually are born.

Looking good.

_Atlas

Looking good.

_Atlas

No this is the way people get hurt or worse, takes alot of well thought out planning. This is neither. I'm pretty sure the Wright brothers would be very insulted by the comparison. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Wright brothers would suggest some testing before building a 'combustion chamber in your boots' using 'standard unleaded gasoline, maybe some alcohol', and 'crossing these bridges when you get to them'.

It sounds more likely that someone will burn their legs off inside a steel suit they can't get out of, damage their's or someone else's property, or put other's safety at risk. It's fairly obvious that there is no way this is going to fly, the only remaining concern is that of safety for the individual building it and those around them.

If the individual concerned really thinks they have the necessary experience to attempt such as project then I'd ask them to demonstrate their knowledge by perhaps showing us an electro-mechanical control system, and fuel powered engine / jet / flying model etc that they have previously built.

Last edited:
I say if this guy wants to get into a steel suit, with steel boots, loaded with "homemade" rockets using gasoline as the primary propellant,........let him. It's the Darwinian way of culling the herd. :D

Seriously, let this guy build in peace. Stop trying to think that because me/you are a member of this prop page, that IF this guy blows himself up YOU are gonna get blamed because you didn't type "dont' do it" and because of that, you're going to jail.

Let him build. He understands that he can dream all he wants. His suit won't fly. You know it....I know it....and I think he does too. I would enjoy seeing how is work will turn out and, hey, who knows? Maybe he will create something cool! If not, oh well.

Looking good.

_Atlas

I couldn't agree more.... And if he dose the math right, he will be the first to do it in an IRON MAN SUIT....

So I encourage every one to give him any helpful tip(s), and be more positive on this build....

Because, he's the only one I know of who is trying to do this.... So why not? we back everyone else's build by saying " Nice work, look'n good, and how did you do that, what did you make that out of"

Oh and the more he shares with us the more we can share with him, you know like if there is a different way of doing some thing that maybe he didn't think of.... thats what we are all here for, to give encouragement and advice.

Wright, Orville (1871–1948) and Wilbur (1867–1912), U.S. aviation pioneers. In 1903, the Wright brothers were the first to make brief sustained and controlled powered flights in an airplane, which was designed and built by them. They were also the first to make and fly a practical powered airplane 1905 and a passenger-carrying airplane 1908.

I say if this guy wants to get into a steel suit, with steel boots, loaded with "homemade" rockets using gasoline as the primary propellant,........let him. It's the Darwinian way of culling the herd. :D

Seriously, let this guy build in peace. Stop trying to think that because me/you are a member of this prop page, that IF this guy blows himself up YOU are gonna get blamed because you didn't type "dont' do it" and because of that, you're going to jail.

Let him build. He understands that he can dream all he wants. His suit won't fly. You know it....I know it....and I think he does too. I would enjoy seeing how is work will turn out and, hey, who knows? Maybe he will create something cool! If not, oh well.

Well said! :thumbsup

Agreed. I do expect the suit to end up looking good. Any... exceptional... capabilities the suit may or may not have is a separate issue.

How about instead of filling this thread with constant questions or probabilities etc. Let's wait for updates. So far we have seen a shoe, carboard templates for the arms and a partial helmet.. Oh and a truck. So again let's stop the debate a wait for updates

................... just stopped in to see if there was any thing new posted......

Last edited:
Ignore the haters, I think this is awesome. I have nothing to offer skill or experience wise, but I wish you all the best!

I dont get you guys, I have to build the CAGE before I even attempt anything else.

(There's no point in buying any fuel, if you dont even have a car),
(No point in learning to swim, if you live in a Desert),
(No point in owning a lawn-mower, if you dont have a lawn),

GET IT ?

If you guys have tips for the future, I'm all ears, but god... why are we discussing things I'm not even doing right now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back