Moebius Viper MKII build

I've decided I'll be making a new part to go in. I'm not sure how steady my hand is with a knife and styrene so I think I may be firing up the CNC mill for this project and making it from aluminum. I did a sketch in my CAD program to get the layout right. Any changes or suggestions on it? Thanks. :)
insetdetails.jpg

I finally made some progress on the inset details for the fuselage. I machined a new detail plate for the plumbing/wiring detail and made the braces separate so that I could more easily route the wire underneath.

The parts for the right side are nearly complete, but the wire does need a little more attention. Even at .015" this stuff gets hard to bend the way I wanted when working in spaces this tight. I was hoping to end up with parts that looked like the full sized set piece but I think I ended up with tubing that more closely resembles the CG model.

The braces still need to be sanded a little to give them a curved shape but I wanted to show off a test shot I took last night. :)

insetdetails001.jpg

insetdetails002.jpg

insetdetails003.jpg

insetdetails004.jpg

insetdetails005.jpg

insetdetails006.jpg

Dean O,
Just Damn!
Unbelievable detail. I have one of these that I hope to start in 2011. The cockpit detail is just breath taking and the scratch build side cutouts are mind blowing. Keep it up I cant wait to see more of the process.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm feeling a bit rusty since it's been so long since my last model build. But slow progress is better than no progress. :)

I added a new fueling port and the two smaller tubes on the starboard side last night.
4c31ed00.jpg

Port side detailed is complete and installed. And I finally decided on doing the gear down so I started detailing the landing gear with the catapult hook.
f80c1158.jpg

6210f418.jpg

813141e8.jpg

24f0c685.jpg

d2c596ed.jpg

Great job - I just got one of these detail kits in myself! Waiting for another MarkII to come in the mail tomorrow! Going to back light this time!

Some pics of my last viper -

Holy. I'm a huge BSG fan and fear I may be going deeper into the rabbit hole. Fantastic job! Where do I get my hands on this kit?!

Also, on the full sized viper, the text is different on the starboard side and reads "communications service panel all power mains..." (if you look closely at the kit decal it reads "all power trains"). And on the starboard side the "cannon locks must be inserted" decal is at the rear.

The round detail in front of the RESCUE arrow is actually a fuel cap from a motorcycle.

I'm building one right now and redrew all the text. Still have a few decals to apply and it needs some weathering...

img_0172.jpg

also trying to resurrect the old revell kit :wacko

dsc_2811.jpg

more pics here:

Vipers, new and old
I still prefer the old design.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back