The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Check out Lost. It had me from one season to the next. The big reveal and conclusion? Meh. I'd rather have it end as a cliffhanger so I can come up with my own conclusion. As far as X-Files is concerned I'm fine with the what the heck is going on. It just works for me because of that quirkiness. Look even the quirky acting follows the whole premise of "where's this going". Some people like the drive.....others want to know the destination before they even get in the car. Ok by me.

So an intentional cliff hanger to help promote and maybe even build interest for the next season? I think sometimes stories are written like this for reasons outside of completing a storyline.

But only a ******* does that when you have no clue if you're getting another season - or if you can 'get the band back together' to do it again. :)

It's one thing when you know you'll be back next year. Even at that, i still find it a bit a jerky thing to do. Tells me you don't think your own show is good enough for me to remember to watch next year without a lame cliff hanger to try and get me back.

There are jackasses in Hollywood that do a lot worse to members here on the RPF. Lol go check out the Ghostbusters thread. Probably not intentionally but for maybe some of the reasons you mentioned. I'm pretty sure they knew they were coming back and this reminded me a bit of TWD mid season cliffhangers.

So the aliens and CSM are doing this because of... climate change?!?!? WTH? Seriously? I hope that's a red herring and that the alien/govt. plot is something totally different. That's totally dumb and predictably Hollywood.

I haven't a clue of what the dilly of what I just watched. Wife loves the x-files and thought it was terrible. Is there a new season coming? Was the touch to be handed over to the young bloods? Am I to believe they just got blown up like the chick in the 1st episode?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 133
:lol Chris in true form pissing the viewers off and hedging his bets on replacing Mulder and Scully with Mulder and Scully lite! :lol

What a hack! :lol :lol :lol

Total shyt
I understand "far fetched" but that finale was just so ridiculous and rushed.
The entire world just collapsed into chaos in a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the next season Scully passes away from a short but sudden illness, Mulder continues the search for William and after finding him, relates the story of how he met his mother, and finally marries agent Einstein. The end.

So the aliens and CSM are doing this because of... climate change?!?!? WTH? Seriously? I hope that's a red herring and that the alien/govt. plot is something totally different. That's totally dumb and predictably Hollywood.

Rationale du jour I suppose. Didn't really bother me - there have been over population people as far back as the 50's if not before. In the 80's, IIRC, the over population fear was lack of food, the 90's was water, 2000's have been climate. I'm not dismissing climate or anything else - just stating the phobia does go back quite a while under different rationale's.

Yeah the mythology episodes (and ending) were pretty disappointing and felt pretty tossed together.. I think they should have stuck with a more personal Mulder/Scully story rather than going the "action movie" route.

Let's be honest, the only reason anyone watched this was to see those two solving cases again

That being said.. I still really enjoyed the monster of the week episodes and would be glad to have more (as long as David and Gillian are still involved)

With these episodes being my first exposure the the X-Files I wasn't sure what to expect, even though I always knew it was about aliens and some form of conspiracy. I got enjoyment with the monster of the week episodes for the most part (but if I'm being honest, I felt the acting left much to be desired most of the time), but my god, those two 'mythology' episodes were just awful. To me, it felt like the writer(s) just Googled "conspiracy theories" and shoved them ALL together into one super-duper conspiracy to make it seem like they came up with some grand thing. To me got so bad in the last episode that I couldn't finish watching it and stopped about half way through.

With these episodes being my first exposure the the X-Files I wasn't sure what to expect, even though I always knew it was about aliens and some form of conspiracy. I got enjoyment with the monster of the week episodes for the most part (but if I'm being honest, I felt the acting left much to be desired most of the time), but my god, those two 'mythology' episodes were just awful. To me, it felt like the writer(s) just Googled "conspiracy theories" and shoved them ALL together into one super-duper conspiracy to make it seem like they came up with some grand thing. To me got so bad in the last episode that I couldn't finish watching it and stopped about half way through.

to be fair, particularly in the early seasons, the conspiracy stuff was...hmm...well, it wasn't more grounded, but it was presented in a way that was less insane.

But then, a big part of why the conspiracy stuff worked back then was because the types of conspiracies being discussed were much more on the fringes of society. Whereas now we have all kinds of wackjob conspiracies about chemtrails and false flags and whatnot which have worked their way into the political narrative. In a way, this makes them harder to sell as pure fiction, and gives the fictional versions of them less room to maneuver.

Also, Carter has never really been a good writer himself. He does decently with ideas, especially coming up with initial questions, but he SUCKS -- and always has -- at executing those ideas and at writing. And he loves his cliffhangers which, to me, is a pretty clear sign that he's a hack.

I've been enjoying the retread and being quite forgiving knowing that it's only 6 shows, but YIKES!!! That last one sucked 9 kinds of arse.

I did not only like that post for its comment about the actual show but just because I never expected PD to use foul language :D :D :D

But yeah, I am soooooo disappointed !!! The fifth episode with the muslim terrorists was so dang lame !!! The best part was trippy Mulder, but they dragged that out so damn long I could not really enjoy those cowgirls as much as I would have if it had been just about showing them! But where did the trip start and where did it end?! Do really that many people in Texas wear cowboy hats, and if so in ridiculous sizes?! That was so cliché it made my Lederhosen squeak !!!
No. Wait. That could have been them cowgirls ...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back