Rare Iron Man Mask Cast & Crew Gift

Carrossea

Hi everyone,

Not quite sure which area of the forum cast & crew gifts fall under, but I'll post it here.

I bought this resin Iron Man helmet/mask recently from a seller I usually buy from who sells a wide variety of things he gets from garage sales (perfumes, motorcycle helmets, clothing, etc). He came across this recently at a big garage sale in Burbank, CA, a person who owns a $1.5 million home. He found this in a box that no one went through yet, and the owner says he works for the FX shop that does TV and movie items. The owner told him only 5 were made, and they were given to select cast/crew members on one of the Iron Man movies.

The seller I bought this from is not a collector, so he did not think to ask for the owner's name or the FX company he worked for.

I've searched the net, and I can't find anything that looks like this. Does anyone know anything about this? Or know how I might be able to find more information on it? The helmet is also quite heavy in weight.

Thanks in advance! Pics are below

- Carrossea

IRONMASK.JPGIRONMASK2.JPGIRONMASK6.JPGIRONMASK4.JPGIRONMASK5.JPGIRONMASK7.JPGIRONMASK10.JPGIRONMASK9.JPGIRONMASK11.JPG

Last edited:
Might want to post it in the Marvel Costumes & Props subthread in the Popular Franchises section.

Sidenote: $1.5 million gets you a decent home in LA, but nothing palatial, sadly.

I would assume if it is legitimate it would be from Legacy Effects. They did the FX work for all the Iron Man films.

I can reach out to a few guys I know over there and see if they recognize it.

I would assume if it is legitimate it would be from Legacy Effects. They did the FX work for all the Iron Man films.

I can reach out to a few guys I know over there and see if they recognize it.

Yeah, I know a lot of different FX companies/shops have worked on the Iron Man movies. I checked the IMDB page and there were several, so I couldn't narrow down which ones made this.
That would be amazing if you could ask some of the guys you know!! I think the helmet is sculpted out of polyurethane resin (not sure exact material), and it's actually quite heavy.

Sorry about that, I posted and completely forgot to send the photos. I have shot it to two dudes I know in the paint department just now and asked if they recognized it. As soon as I hear back I'll let you know. :)

Yeah, I know a lot of different FX companies/shops have worked on the Iron Man movies. I checked the IMDB page and there were several, so I couldn't narrow down which ones made this.
That would be amazing if you could ask some of the guys you know!! I think the helmet is sculpted out of polyurethane resin (not sure exact material), and it's actually quite heavy.

First guy John said this: "Looks not quite right to me in the mouth area. We did not do that at our shop."

Haven't heard back from the other, but the John knows what goes through the shop. I doubt it is Legacy then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Best of luck.

First guy John said this: "Looks not quite right to me in the mouth area. We did not do that at our shop."

Haven't heard back from the other, but the John knows what goes through the shop. I doubt it is Legacy then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Best of luck.

Darn, thanks for the help anyways though! Yeah, there were several other FX shops that worked on Iron Man, other than Legacy. So it could easily be any of them. :/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back