Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Yeah, but hating on Luke is my favorite pass time !

That's past time :)

- - - Updated - - -

The end of the Jedi doesn't mean the end of the "IP" for Disney. It just means that we've seen the end of the Jedi timeline. Disney can still easily GO BACK and tell stories around the Jedi that take place before or even concurrent with the Skywalker saga.

To see the end of force users, light and dark, would be a fitting and dramatic ending. It also doesn't mean the end of the force. Just force users. Like it's a responsibility too great for any to take on, so therefore, it ends.

I don't think they'll let the term go. With the fact that apparently the OT era, PT era, and between 3-4 and 6-7 are fair game for anthology flicks, it'd confuse too many to have jedi in some and people with the same powers called something else in others.

Between the run up to R1 and other things, best safe to assume people are dumb as rocks in general :)

That's past time :)

)

Uh No , it's not .
it is not my hobby , it is just something I do and enjoy when it comes up !
So the correct term would be pass time according to the dictionary .

And it would be pastime anyway , by the way .
Good try though .

Last edited:
That channel posts any kind of quotes from cast and crew that can be found that is remotely negative about today's Lucasfilm and the new Star Wars movies. Many times, I find the channel's criticism to be quite far-fetched.

The last clip was from the ABC Interview posted a few pages back. In case someone has missed it:
"When I read 8, I told Rian, I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you decided about my character."
And "It was shocking to me to read what Rian had written, as I'm sure it will be to the audience". (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBstE89j_7w)

Wow.. Seriously...

Last edited:
That channel posts any kind of quotes from cast and crew that can be found that is remotely negative about today's Lucasfilm and the new Star Wars movies. Many times, I find the channel's criticism to be quite far-fetched.

never heard of the channel before. But so long as it's genuinely what is said, and not edited in anyway to fit the channels narrative that 'new star wars sucks'...or cutting right to the point where he says ' but i really loved this movie!' and leaving that part out..... nothing wrong with that.

Some people are genuinely afraid to be critical of stuff, cause they KNOW they'll get pounced on instantly, even if what they say isn't nasty.

it's nice to have places not afraid to speak up, or tell the truth as they see it.
Midnights Edge is a great example not afraid to air hollywoods dirty laundry.

I just saw this today, again, sorry if it's already been posted in the thread.
I've only seen people complain about it and don't quite understand why. I think it's actually really cool.

It's obvious there is a formula there, and if you pick and chose things and sync them up of course they're going to match... I still think it's cool. Oh no, I'm being positive. ****ing sue me. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/IE8nbiL_Msk

I just saw this today, again, sorry if it's already been posted in the thread.
I've only seen people complain about it and don't quite understand why. I think it's actually really cool.

It's obvious there is a formula there, and if you pick and chose things and sync them up of course they're going to match... I still think it's cool. Oh no, I'm being positive. ****ing sue me. :lol

Just want to point out that the TFA teaser on the left isn't the actual teaser...it's a fan made one made to match the TLJ teaser. Still a really cool video though!

Just want to point out that the TFA teaser on the left isn't the actual teaser...it's a fan made one made to match the TLJ teaser. Still a really cool video though!

Indeed, that's what I meant by my "if you pick and chose things and sync them up of course they'll match" comment. Just an interesting little thing I saw.
Most people in the Facebook comments were thinking the TFA teaser was the original and believe me.. there were plenty of people correcting them. ;)

https://youtu.be/3S2zsCaOOmE

I'm rather enjoying Hamill's honesty. I think there's a little, "Up yours. I'm Luke Skywalker. What are you gonna do to me?". I admire his moxie.

Here is an article that I liked that is the opposite of what Hamill thinks is best. I totally understand why he would have his opinion initially and I love the guy but I think he was/is wrong about how important Luke should be in the new trilogy.

[h=2]The Force Awakens was not a "missed opportunity"[/h]

you know that's not how it works.

people only act crazy that way when you're being negative ;o).

My take on the idea of 3 factions is like light / grey/ dark. Like. Passifist/ realalist/ extremist. The balance is someone that is strong compastionant but will do what has to be done compared to no I won't do it or kill and ask questions later. Luke didn't fight in ROTJ Where as DarthMaul acted on command. Right and left no center. Like Democrates and republicans

I believe if there was any opportunity missed, that it would be how much money he was paid for the little screen time he had when they could have done more with him.

I was very happy with the film, but they sure paid out a lot of money for a dude to turn around and look at Rey and say nothing hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's a thought:

Maybe Luke didn't exile himself but he just needed some time to rethink his position-maybe he realized that the whole reason there's so much suffering,fighting,killing is BECAUSE of the Jedi and now it's time for that to end and for some other way to take over because the Jedi were (mostly) doing it wrong? You'd still have lightsaber armed folks but a bit like the end of the Samurai era stuff was gonna get shook up and a whole new way was coming.

Frankly I'd be hiding and trying to figger out just WTF was happening too.......

And maybe the force is best left neutral and it's because the users on both sides who are making the problems,or the Jedi could be like Bruce Lee's saying "be like water" in other words flexible and not ridged like the old order.

I think people are thinking way too much into this. I'm betting Luke is just disillusioned after what happened to Kylo. At this point he is probably a bitter old man. Rey will be the one to show him that the galaxy does need the Jedi.

I think people are thinking way too much into this. I'm betting Luke is just disillusioned after what happened to Kylo. At this point he is probably a bitter old man. Rey will be the one to show him that the galaxy does need the Jedi.

i'm willing to be this is probably correct. i don't think disney has the balls, or creativity to do something new or better than the concept of jedi.

maybe ep 8 will be a buddy cop movie. rey and luke train together, and luke regains his confidence to rejoin the world ;o)..

but, that leads us back to rehashes...will ep 9 be called 'the jedi return...again?' ;o)

i'm willing to be this is probably correct. i don't think disney has the balls, or creativity to do something new or better than the concept of jedi.

maybe ep 8 will be a buddy cop movie. rey and luke train together, and luke regains his confidence to rejoin the world ;o)..

but, that leads us back to rehashes...will ep 9 be called 'the jedi return...again?' ;o)
Modifying the concept of the Jedi is way too risky. disney doesn't want to deal with another midichlorians issue

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think the trailer has a big, fat clue about the direction of the story that everyone seems to be ignoring.

Luke: What do you see?

Rey: Light... darkness... a balance.

Luke (with intentional emphasis in his voice): It's so much bigger.

Whatever Luke has been doing out in the middle of nowhere — regrouping, reevaluating — I think the trailer makes it clear he's discovered something about the force that will alter everything we know. And if anyone is willing to buck trends and take this series in a new direction, my money would be on Rian Johnson.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back