Defunct Prop Shop Star Wars Replicas for Sale at Star Wars Celebration

the Pawn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well three lucky Star Wars Celebration attendees made a major find at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando as a collector who had purchased all 8 Prop Shop prop replicas before they went bankrupt showed up and sold them all this morning.

One buyer, not me, purchased the three helmets: Finn Stormtrooper; Kylo Ren; and Poe Dameron.

Another RPF member who was there with me purchased the Kylo Ren Saber which was the only prop I received from the Prop Shop before they went under.

And I was able to purchase the the last four pieces, the Darth Vader Helmet; Chewbacca Bowcaster; Rey Lightsaber and the Rey Staff.

We were lucky and got everything close to the original cost so no big markup.

Well, so much for going to Celebration this year not wanting to spend any real money except on the Hasbro and Gentle Giant exclusives!! I am going home with four mark new prop replicas for my collection. LOL!

I will post pictures next week after they arrive to my house.

MTFBWY and Happy 40th Star Wars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the Kylo saber!! What a find !! Could not believe this guy had all of them for sale. Got to see all of them as we inspected each item. They are really top notch replicas.

None of the buckets were printed.

It says on their description: "Made of a composition of 3D printing materials, forged items and cast items"

Prop Shop Darth Vader Melted Helmet.jpg Prop Shop FN-2187 Stormtrooper Helmet.jpg Prop Shop Kylo Ren Helmet.jpg Prop Shop Poe Dameron X-Wing Helmet.jpg

Interesting, I didn't think they actually shipped out anything besides the Kylo saber, the Finn helmet, and the Melted Vader. Looking forward to pics!

I should have my four by Wednesday. Will post then. Everything looked awesome up front and in hands. May be overpriced for sure but since they out of business, should be good buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nooooo! I missed them all. Where were tjey displayed? Are there any left? Can someone tell me who sold them?

I saw some wooden boxed at FedEx today and it defo was Reys Staff. I want those too...

A few months back, I researched on Google "Prop Shop" and I was surprised not finding anything ...
Now I know why ... I'm surprised .. :-/
Why did they bankrupt ..?

All explained on the Prop Shop thread, what a train wreck :lol

A few months back, I researched on Google "Prop Shop" and I was surprised not finding anything ...

One common complaint was the props were too expensive. They seemed to be targeted towards a premium market, not the majority of collectors. Even the shipping in a large wooden crate added several hundred dollars to the cost.

There was also confusion about how the items were made. So much was said about 3D printing that many assumed the props were largely 3D printed. This caused concerns with the durability of the props. It appears only certain parts were actually 3D printed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

People who would know have said that the reason they folded was due to their work on actual props for films (Blade Runner 2 I believe.) The closure of the Prop Shop retail stuff was just the result of the bigger part of their business going belly-up. That's all from what we've been told, I've no inside knowledge of any of it.

The Prop Shop closed period, some of which was the fact that their printed props fell apart someone needs to bump that thread

He was a private collector. He said the Darth Vader Melted Helmet, #25, was marked for destruction by Disney after Prop Shop went bankrupt. (Now we know what happened to all the unshipped props). #25 was literally saved at the last minute and sent to him to finish his original order of the 8 props as he wanted all 8 or none at all. He recently decided to sell them because they take up so much room to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back