Nintendo switch

Should I wait until a next gen version? Or should I sell one of my children now?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Depends on on how bad you want one.

I'm going out on a limb and saying a new version is a few years out, at least.

I really like it, and I didn't think I would. I'm solely using mine as a handheld...I haven't even hooked it up to my TV yet. I think Nintendo needs to really be pushing it as a portable gaming device...in that aspect it basically crushes all of its competition in terms of potential...and playing a game like Zelda on a handheld is impressive.

I did, however, read yesterday that not a lot of developers have really jumped on the bandwagon yet. At GDC (or something similar this past weekend) the developers were anonymously polled as to what platforms they were actively developing for...PC led all at like 53%. PS4 and Xbox One were each right around 25%. Switch, however, was at 3%...which was dead last, behind even VR specific platforms. While not personally worrying to me, that lack of early developer interest could be a bit concerning to some.

Depends on on how bad you want one.

I'm going out on a limb and saying a new version is a few years out, at least.

I really like it, and I didn't think I would. I'm solely using mine as a handheld...I haven't even hooked it up to my TV yet. I think Nintendo needs to really be pushing it as a portable gaming device...in that aspect it basically crushes all of its competition in terms of potential...and playing a game like Zelda on a handheld is impressive.

I did, however, read yesterday that not a lot of developers have really jumped on the bandwagon yet. At GDC (or something similar this past weekend) the developers were anonymously polled as to what platforms they were actively developing for...PC led all at like 53%. PS4 and Xbox One were each right around 25%. Switch, however, was at 3%...which was dead last, behind even VR specific platforms. While not personally worrying to me, that lack of early developer interest could be a bit concerning to some.
Here's the question.

If you do see it as a handheld, then is it any different than a Vita? Games aside

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Here's the question.

If you do see it as a handheld, then is it any different than a Vita? Games aside

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes.

I had a Vita pretty much on day one. The Switch feels better in pretty much every aspect. The analog sticks, the buttons, the triggers, the screen...they all blow the Vita out of the water.

The real game changer though is the fact that you can take those controllers off and play two player games on the go without the need for an entirely second device...I consider the Switch on its "kickstand" with the joycons detached to still be a portable...which is impossible with the Vita.

For what it's worth, I thought the Vita was a poor purchase within a few days of buying it...but I don't have that feeling about the Switch.

I just dropped money I really ought not to have for a Switch...

...For Zelda.

...the hell's the matter with me?
You caught wind of the beyond good and evil sequel.

I'll tell you, if this system has only that and Zelda....It will be worth it

I have a Wiiu so i'm aiming for zelda on that. The big thing that's going to go against this system is the tiny amount of memory in it just so they can sell overpriced nintendo SD cards.

I have a Wiiu so i'm aiming for zelda on that. The big thing that's going to go against this system is the tiny amount of memory in it just so they can sell overpriced nintendo SD cards.

You can expand its memory with with any Micro SD card.

Mine has a 64gb SanDisk card in it.

I just dropped money I really ought not to have for a Switch...

...For Zelda.

...the hell's the matter with me?
Aside from a couple ports, which is stupid, thats literally the only game worth playing right now. Its got stellar reviews though. But if you dont plan on playing another game until Christmas...you should be fine. :lol

Aside from a couple ports, which is stupid, thats literally the only game worth playing right now. Its got stellar reviews though. But if you dont plan on playing another game until Christmas...you should be fine. [emoji38]
Honestly? If I can have 2 real gaming adventures a year for the next 5, it's worth it.

That's why I loved the GameCube so much. There were probably 10 brilliant games for that system. But they were amazing.

Honestly? If I can have 2 real gaming adventures a year for the next 5, it's worth it.

That's why I loved the GameCube so much. There were probably 10 brilliant games for that system. But they were amazing.

By all means then, go for it. How does the controller feel in your hands? I dont plan on getting a switch but when I played it at my friends, it felt small. And using the right joy con alone was frustrating as hell.

I really want to play Zelda though. I might borrow my friends Wii U and just buy the damn game and play it that way.

Everyone I've seen online who got the Switch says just spend the 80.00 on the pro controller as it's way better than using the tiny switch ones. Hard to believe nintendo wants 40.00 more for a controller than a ps4 one, heck i got the 20th anniversary ps4 one from my folks as a gift and it was only 65.00.

Everyone I've seen online who got the Switch says just spend the 80.00 on the pro controller as it's way better than using the tiny switch ones. Hard to believe nintendo wants 40.00 more for a controller than a ps4 one, heck i got the 20th anniversary ps4 one from my folks as a gift and it was only 65.00.
Yeah I think its pretty crappy that they are nickel and diming people for a damn controller. Especially since the components are so cheap. The dock itself is maybe 2 bucks worth of parts and plastic.

I really enjoy Snake Pass. I know it's not a Switch exclusive, but I thought it looked like a game that I had no reason to have on my Xbox so I got it for the Switch.

Even if you don't have a Switch, it might be worth your time if you think it looks interesting.

Yeah I think its pretty crappy that they are nickel and diming people for a damn controller. Especially since the components are so cheap.

Ok, the price may be a bit steep, but I still stand by users who think this is one of the best controllers Nintendo has put out in a loooong time. At least when it comes to controllers that have analogue sticks and shoulder buttons. I compared it to both the Wii Pro-Controller (Both the original and the one with hand grips), the Wii U Pro Controller and the GameCube. While GameCube is my favorite controller of all time, the Switch Pro-Controller is just so satisfying to hold.

And how many controllers in general do you know that actually thank you for purchasing them]?

Ok, the price may be a bit steep, but I still stand by users who think this is one of the best controllers Nintendo has put out in a loooong time. At least when it comes to controllers that have analogue sticks and shoulder buttons. I compared it to both the Wii Pro-Controller (Both the original and the one with hand grips), the Wii U Pro Controller and the GameCube. While GameCube is my favorite controller of all time, the Switch Pro-Controller is just so satisfying to hold.

And how many controllers in general do you know that actually thank you for purchasing them]?
I loved the GameCube controller.

My favorite thing was the position of the action buttons. They were all different shapes so it was very fluid to get used to.

I've always found the PlayStation to have a longer learning period because all the buttons feel the same

I never got into the Gamecube controller myself; I found it clunky and odd in my hands. I was more a fan of the Wii's nun-chucks funny enough, despite how much people didn't like it.

Might consider buying one later, when Skyrim will be available for it, and hopefully future Bethesda games maybe, but one thing that I find really disturbing is how they stopped making games for the Wii U... My dad is kinda pissed he bought a Wii U one year ago for my 10 y.o. step brother, and now any new game he's gonna see in stores just won't be compatible with his console.
Next to that I think I used my PS3 for a solid 8 years, and could have still played it for a few more years given most major titles still had a PS3 release, had I not been able to buy myself a PS4 ! And I saw that among kid's parents, it did not bode well at all... Strange decision Nintendo made here.

I havent personally felt the pro controller yet, and maybe Im just getting old, but 80 bucks for ONE controller just seems so expensive to me, like I wouldnt buy it on principle. I did really like the wii pro controller, but I didnt get to use it as much cause I got it towards the end of the wii life so I didnt get to play it as much. Game cube was pretty good, but my all time favorite controller that was I think, a perfect design, was the SNES controller. When I grab one of those man... I feel like I can play anything. Its like Im playing with power...SUPER power!!! *lightning*

Haha yeah that is cute. I also saw somewhere that they coat the games in some bitter substance so little kids wont put them in their mouths. Can anyone confirm this? :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back