CHIPs movie? WTH happened?

This isn't a shock, look at that Starsky and Hutch disaster or 21 jump street. Everything has to be a comedy because nobody in hollywood can write anything other than that or oscar grade trash dramas.

I have no idea how you are connecting Johnny Test with Jonny Quest. So he has a dog. The names are similar. Big deal. Absolutely NOT related.
I vaguely remember when it released in 2005 or 2006 and there was something on TV saying it was "Johnny Quest of today" or something to that effect... Then again I might just be a few tacos short of a complete meal so don't take my word for it;)
I'll see if I can dig it up[emoji53]

At least they didn't change the genders of the characters or race.

Here's a thought, if this is a box office smash they could redo TJ Hooker still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still don't follow a connection. Now, if you said Venture Bros. is a stupid remake of Jonny Quest, yes.

-Rog

Venture Bros. stupid? Them there are fighting words.

Now THAT I agree with... Johnny test is more of a spoof than a remake so let me change my words.. but Venture Bros... That IS a remake

Actually, Venture brothers takes place in the same universe as Jonny Quest, and Jonny and Race Bannon have appeared so it's more of a sequel.

Actually, Venture brothers takes place in the same universe as Jonny Quest, and Jonny and Race Bannon have appeared so it's more of a sequel.

Really? I feel like an idiot then....[emoji38] . I grew up with like 3 channels and you'd only see cartoons at a friend's house. All I got to watch was Scooby-Doo, Johnny Quest, space ghost and a few others.

My cartoon days were quite limited haha. Most shows that are "stupid" to me were ones that I didn't take my time to sit down and watch. I remember Venture Bros being dumb when I was like 8. Don't take me saying I didn't like it the wrong way. Just for that I'll rent a DVD later and watch a few episodes. Maybe my tastes have changed lol. [emoji106]

I just saw a trailer for a CHIPs movie, but they made it a comedy. WTH?! I don't remember the show being a comedy. There may have been funny moments, but it was a police show. Then they stick Dax Shepard in it! First Ghostbusters and now this series...

Let me guess, Ben Stiller as Ponch and Owen Wilson as Jon.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back