BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

Well I'm not sure if this a collectable, but after a lot of digging I found the pamphlet I got when I visited the BTTF III set in 1990. After filming was done they opened the set to the public, and we only lived 45 minutes away. Being a hoarder pays off!

IMG_0404.JPGIMG_0405.JPGIMG_0406.JPGIMG_0407.JPG

Well I'm not sure if this a collectable, but after a lot of digging I found the pamphlet I got when I visited the BTTF III set in 1990. After filming was done they opened the set to the public, and we only lived 45 minutes away. Being a hoarder pays off!

That's cool! Thanks for sharing. Nice little piece of history to have :cool:thumbsup

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, i guess im hoping someone in here is in "the know" Does anyone know if Hot Toys are even going to do a Doc Brown Figure ??

Not which version, just a flat out yes or no....

It seems absolutely phuktarded to do Marty and the delorean with no Doc Brown..

They teased a lone ranger with tonto and never came through so i wouldnt put it past them... Bigger fan base for Doc than Lone ranger and an epic trilogy Vs the Disney flop... Not dissing LR flick, i actually enjoyed it... But this whole NO sign on Doc Brown is pretty big BS in a package...

Can anyone confirm if a Doc will happen ??

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, i guess im hoping someone in here is in "the know" Does anyone know if Hot Toys are even going to do a Doc Brown Figure ??

Not which version, just a flat out yes or no....

It seems absolutely phuktarded to do Marty and the delorean with no Doc Brown..

They teased a lone ranger with tonto and never came through so i wouldnt put it past them... Bigger fan base for Doc than Lone ranger and an epic trilogy Vs the Disney flop... Not dissing LR flick, i actually enjoyed it... But this whole NO sign on Doc Brown is pretty big BS in a package...

Can anyone confirm if a Doc will happen ??

Probably not. They made the mistake of making Marty too tall. Even if they did 1/6th of Michael J Fox's and Christopher Lloyd's real height, a Doc Figure would still be too tall for the delorean.

Probably not. They made the mistake of making Marty too tall. Even if they did 1/6th of Michael J Fox's and Christopher Lloyd's real height, a Doc Figure would still be too tall for the delorean.

I thought the exact same thing when i put Marty in the delorean, there is a little leg room and with some tweeking it would be a tight fit but definitely possible, Even if he doesnt fit in the delorean which is crazy and a huge mistake on their behalf if thats the case, they should still make a doc figure to scale with Marty even to pose outside of the delorean.

If it was a mistake its a pretty huge mistake. Gotta make u wonder wtf was going through their heads at the time...

Seeing the whole line of charachters would of been nice, not sure about likeness rights on the whole cast but if they have the rights or can obtain them i think its a stupid AF move to not produce them...

Either way if there is a good custom creator out there that can nail doc..... PLEASE HIT ME UP!!

Hot Toys has likeness rights for MJF and Christopher Lloyd, other cast members were not confirmed. Depending on how Part II Marty sells, I think HT might consider Doc figure down the line.

I am counting on Funko to make BTTF 6" figures for a better range of characters as part of their new 6" line.

Funko is making BTTF 6" figures?!... When?.... are there any concept pics of these yet?....

- - - Updated - - -

Hot Toys has likeness rights for MJF and Christopher Lloyd, other cast members were not confirmed. Depending on how Part II Marty sells, I think HT might consider Doc figure down the line.

I am counting on Funko to make BTTF 6" figures for a better range of characters as part of their new 6" line.

Funko is making BTTF 6" figures?!... When?.... are there any concept pics of these yet?....

yes any more news on this?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes any more news on this?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff Vivek , Just to clarify... When you say Funko 6" figures are you talking about the normal 6" funko POP's or the funko Legacy line?... Because I love the Legacy line! If they do BTTF like they did the Rocketeer that would Awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like what Funko does, I have 4 of the funko POP's they came out with so far. and I have the Bigger Funko Vinyl Idols of Doc and Marty. I have the Funko Dorbz pre-ordered those are due out later this year. But if they did a Legacy Line of them that would be amazing! I dont know why they haven't done more of the "Legacy" line. They are actually really good looking and detailed really well. Its not Hot Toys but its good enough for me.

Staff @Vivek , Just to clarify... When you say Funko 6" figures are you talking about the normal 6" funko POP's or the funko Legacy line?... Because I love the Legacy line! If they do BTTF like they did the Rocketeer that would Awesome!!
Neither. They are working on a new 6" line which hasn't been given a name yet. This was announced back in Dec 2015. I wanted to bring attention to it, but never got around to it.

Posted on the Funko forum by Brian on Dec 24, 2015.

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?p=1329057#p1329057

"Alright guys... here's the last set of announcements... we are growing in a big way in 2016!

- An ICONIC toy character is coming to Funko!
- New sub boxes!
- Exciting new partnerships that will allow us to do some different things!
- And here's the major news... not one but TWO brand new collector lines joining the Funko family!

One is a 5" stylized vinyl line which will be called ROCK CANDY!

The other... a classic toy line with a Funko twist! These will be brand new 6" articulated figures! Some of the first characters will include Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, TMNT, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Walking Dead, Supernatural, and Willy Wonka!

Can't wait for you all to see what 2016 will bring!!! Happy Holidays!"

There is lot of speculation as to why there is a new line of 6" figures, instead of just continuing the existing Legacy line. GB and TMNT already have 6" lines with other toy companies, so maybe these will be slightly stylized versions (since they mention "Funko Twist") thus not competing with those existing 6" licenses, since two companies likely won't be given the same scale license. This way Funko can still get the 6" license even though that scale is already licensed to other companies. This is all mere speculation on my part and their reasoning could be something else entirely.

Either ways, I mainly want realistic looking figures, as I had enough of cartoony small BTTF figures. Many of you have already seen the BTTF action figure wishlist I had written several years ago.

I have voiced my interest for a 6" BTTF line on the Funko forum before. But since the Reaction line didn't do that great, I wasn't expecting them to do any BTTF figures. So the news of a new line of 6" figures that will include Back to the Future was a big surprise to me. Here is hoping we get to see some update during SDCC, if not then sometime later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a Doc Figure.

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/ph...58690437343/10153656582032344/?type=3&theater

“Roads? Where we going we don’t need roads.”

We know you’ve been waiting for them and they are almost here! Remember to come visit us at booth #1929 to meet Doc and Marty in person!

Hot Toys @ San Diego Comic-Con
Event Date: July 21 – 24 (Preview Night: July 20)
Venue: San Diego Convention Center
Booth No: #1929

13692769_10153656582032344_1765856253077853540_o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back