When doing favors for RPF members go south

You've no need to apologize, Apollo. Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. Cry-Lo Ren, hoping you'll see this tonight. It's already after 9pm on our coast... I have PayPal open in another tab. I'd originally logged on here to double-check the amount you'd quoted me, and saw the message from you and the one from Apollo letting me know you'd started this thread. I need to know if I'm sending payment for the buckles or, if you've already sent them back, reimbursing you for that.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture.PNG

Edit:

I read your message more clearly and those photos above are proof that the messages were sent in case you need to get in contact with admins and see if there is something going on with your account as to why you were not able to see my emails. please view my next post on the next page for my apology as well as your inbox.

Last edited:
I would say this seems to be resolved, send payment, send buckles and move on. I wouldn't spend too much time on who is right and who is wrong.

(My opinion means nothing, just trying to move this in an amicable direction for both members)

Well i certainly don't want to be lumped into "we all here see shortly as a few mins." Shortly could mean anything from in a few minutes to a few days...it's not specific. You *assumed* it meant a few minutes.. because that is what you expected to hear. But that is not what was expressly written.

Also, Jonah has answered back and not only explained his side of the story but has also stated that he still wants them and had his PayPal open and ready to pay you. Instead of answering back on that score and getting the situation resolved, you chose instead to post more "evidence" of your being in the right... so apparently that is more important to you than getting paid back for the items--which was what you'd claimed this was all about in the first place.

So I can't help wondering... why don't you just go on and get paid back and put it behind you, then? Why continue the drama? Hmmm? After all, we're talking about a span from Monday to Friday (your words). That's four freaking days! Do you even want to guess how long many of us here have been waiting on Anovos to get things that we have paid for? WAAAAY longer than four days, i can tell you.

Also, Jonah is a good guy and a long time member. One would think he could be given four days leeway.

Just sayin....have him pay you and move on. problem solved.

Just going to butt in here, shortly definitely does not mean within a few minutes
I'd take shortly to mean anywhere from a few hours to a few days, especially considering many members on here have lives to worry about outside of the RPF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems you guys might have misunderstood my comment. I am not trying to prove who is right or wrong he has stated that he never got any emails from me and I am showing him that I indeed sent them thus if this is the case its proof for him to show admins that maybe something might be wrong with the site. You guys can see "shortly" as days but I certainly dont but hey thats just me everyone is different and after trying to contact him for days, no response, and seeing that there are log ins multiple times a day on his account I had valid reason to believe I was being stiffed. Yes it is great that he came and explained his side and if he did indeed never got any of my emails then my apologizes Jonah but after all said and done after waiting days with no response I did not want to hold on to over $100 worth of items I have no use for so I returned them yesterday as I have stated to him in my message.

Overall it seems that yes this was a big misunderstanding on my end as my definition of "Shortly" differs from the rest I have been selling on ebay for the past 8 years and have always expected payment within the time frame but after being on the RPF for the time that I have I see that some payments are not made for a longer period of time which this was actually my first case here in the RPF. Still I wish there was some sort of contact being made that there was a internet issue as Jonah I see that there are posts from you in others thread during the days you had those internet issues and a simple tag or something would had been sufficient instead waiting until Monday as you said. As from the sellers view seeing that payment would be done shortly and not hearing back from the buyers until a full 7 days would be a red flag in anyone's eyes. Thus all in all I would like to openly apologize to Jonah for this huge misunderstanding and though unfortunately I did return the buckles I will return in the next month or 2 and will be glad to pick them back up.

Last edited:
I've got to agree with Cry-Lo. "Shortly" to me would mean minutes or hours. Certainly not days. And if I had sent multiple messages with no response even though I see the person posting on the site, I would assume the worst as well. I get that the other person was logging in from work and didnt want to login to Paypal, but if you have time to post in movie threads, then you can take a minute to reply to a PM as well. Thats just common decency as I see it. Had the buyer just sent a quick note letting Cry-Lo know what was going on, this all could have been avoided. if the situation were reversed and this was about a seller not communicating, people here would be up in arms calling for a banning or at the very least, for the mods to get involved.

Yeah, in my case, I had intended to send it off when I got home later that day. So I meant it as "a few hours". When I got home and technical things were still unresolved, that didn't happen. It was on me to let him know there was an unforseen delay, and I dropped the ball there. But I didn't feel any urgency, as I hadn't been given a "by when". And I kept figuring my issues would get sorted out "any minute now".

@Cry-Lo, I had in fact missed that first follow-up message you posted on the last page. I ddon't get many PMs, and most of those notifications at the top of the screen are Likes or Quotes, which I usually clear out in the evening at home, when I have more time. So that one was just me being rushed on Wednesday and Thursday (and I didn't work Friday). Now I've responded to the more urgent things above it (and spent a bit playing a finally-downloaded Far Harbor), I saw it as I was clearing things.

At any rate, we're sorting it out in PMs (where it probably should have stayed for a bit longer, but whatever). I think we're good. He's already sent them back, but he'll be in a position to snag them again later this summer. Now that we know how much it'll all come to, I'm going to pay in advance this time. :p And I've offered to cover some or all of the cost of returning them, as he sees fit, and am waiting on his decision/an amount for that.

--Jonah

Best to keep this kind of business with those that you are more personal with I suppose. As Perigrinus has been around for several years on several forums I couldn't or wouldn't imagine he'd tarnish his name over a couple of buckles. At first I was reading thinking "crap, really?". Then the more I read it was just over about a week in timeframe and some jumping to conclusions sounds like.

To be fair though.....

just because a person is here for years.. doesnt mean a 'seller' has known him for years.

IMHO.. A week without any communication, and knowing the member is signing in multiple times a day, and ignoring my PM's?

What other conclusion is there? (I would say/think that behavior heavily sways one thoughts in a certain direction....no?)

There have been many members here who 'were' in good standing and long time members that started doing odd things to 'fall from grace' (so to speak..et.c.etc.. ie: Mon Cal...etc)

Just because your habits of not looking at your PM's.. or deleting them all made you 'miss' them (or whatever) is not a fault of the seller.

Either way.. IP/Jonah (IMHO) was at fault....

but... the end result (from a crappy situation) seems to be a classy move, that to me, shows that, while the error was on IP/Jonah, hes doing what he can to make amends/not put the seller out due to the actions.

couldnt ask for a better outcome from 'this' situation. :thumbsup

We have cleared it all up via PM and we are all good. I will be back at disney in the upcoming month or so and will grab him the belts once again. He is a great guy and all of this was just a big misunderstanding on both our parts.

IMHO.. A week without any communication

Three days.

and knowing the member is signing in multiple times a day, and ignoring my PM's?

I'll give you that, as he couldn't know any different.

Just because your habits of not looking at your PM's.. or deleting them all made you 'miss' them (or whatever) is not a fault of the seller.

Never said it was. Double-check what I said. I don't check notifications at work. 99% of the time, they aren't for PMs, so I let them keep til I get home. Tuesday was a fluke. I went into my inbox to look up something in an old message, and his initial one was there. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen it until Friday evening. Nor did I delete anything -- first thing I saw when I got back on at home was Apollo's message to me about this thread. Below that was @Cry-Lo's "game over" message. I replied to those and came here. Then I cleared the rest of my notifications and saw the other single "checking-in" message from the 18th.

Overall, though, he didn't communicate his expectations, and I didn't communicate my difficulties.

--Jonah

Three days.

I'll give you that, as he couldn't know any different.

Never said it was. Double-check what I said. I don't check notifications at work. 99% of the time, they aren't for PMs, so I let them keep til I get home. Tuesday was a fluke. I went into my inbox to look up something in an old message, and his initial one was there. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen it until Friday evening. Nor did I delete anything -- first thing I saw when I got back on at home was @Apollo's message to me about this thread. Below that was @Cry-Lo's "game over" message. I replied to those and came here. Then I cleared the rest of my notifications and saw the other single "checking-in" message from the 18th.

Overall, though, he didn't communicate his expectations, and I didn't communicate my difficulties.

--Jonah

to be clear.. I wasnt calling you out.

I was mostly replying to: syllander and generalizing...

I did however go on to say I think you stepped up and made it clear that 'whatever the interpretation' was/is.. you tried to rectify it.. (clearly implying to me at least, it was a mis-understanding after all)

And I might add you PM'd back and came to this thread fast when it was brought to your attention!

Crap happens in real life, I'm glad it worked out for all! :thumbsup

- first thing I saw when I got back on at home was @Apollo's message to me about this thread.

to be clear.. I wasnt calling you out.

I was mostly replying to: syllander and generalizing...

Gotcha. :)

And I might add you PM'd back and came to this thread fast when it was brought to your attention!

Fortunate happenstance. One of the first things I did once my connection was back up and somewhat stable was reload the RPF main page and go in to start clearing notifications. Just glad it was then, and not, like, Sunday.

@tubachris85x -- Oh, hush. We're fine. We're all fine here, now... How are you?

--Jonah

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back