The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

A Good episode to come back from a break with.

Glenn must have eaten a lot of cats during his life. Kid seems to have gain their 9 lives in doing so. Sadly he might be out of them now.

glad to see everyone in town finally fight together to fix a problem. Didn't care for Gab's word about the lord finally answering their prayers by saying to fight / defend their town. Come on Holmes..that's call survivoral instinct. Also why is there 2 church in town? Gab wasn't allowed to work / preach / go crazy in the towns church. So he built one in his garage.

I did did like the biker leader. He was funny Richard. Oh well

Exciting and heroic but an improbable sequence of events. And dumb in a lot of ways. A lot of things happened that just made me roll my eyes. And the fact that Carl has now turned into the Governor is not something that I can accept as a good thing to write into the script. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know if that's from there, but I found myself really upset and questioning that whole thing that they do in this show when they destroy loved ones. And why on heaven and earth would Rick think that Father Gabriel can keep his baby safe! Another monumentally poor choice by Rick, me thinks. And speaking of poor choices, most tragically of all, why couldn't the walkers be burned as such when they were all packed nicely in one place back in the pit? Would have saved countless lives and a town-full of misery!

Exciting and heroic but an improbable sequence of events. And dumb in a lot of ways. A lot of things happened that just made me roll my eyes. And the fact that Carl has now turned into the Governor is not something that I can accept as a good thing to write into the script. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know if that's from there, but I found myself really upset and questioning that whole thing that they do in this show when they destroy loved ones.

Actually that IS in the comics with his eye....

Ok. So im curious now. Anyone know of a good toy knock off of the rocket launcher Daryl used? Ill so, this comic con will get spiced up a little bit for my Daryl costume.

Ok. So im curious now. Anyone know of a good toy knock off of the rocket launcher Daryl used? Ill so, this comic con will get spiced up a little bit for my Daryl costume.

There might be some airsoft RPGs out there but if there are, they aren't that common and on top of it, they'll most likely be of the classic RPG-7 and not this American made version of it. With a little bit of research and some effort, you could probably make one yourself, you start with a PVC pipe of the appropriate diameter then most of the rest of it you can get by sourcing airsoft parts and a bit of modding found items and you have yourself an RPG look alike.

Edit:

I got curious about this and so I did a quick search for airsoft RPGs and it turns there are arisoft versions of the RPG-7, you can find several on eBay but most will run you over $200 and they're the standard Russian style with the simple construction and wooden hand grips & heatguard in the back, so you'll need to repaint it and add the extra parts.

Last edited:
I don't know how to link it. But would this one with a repair look alright? The expensive part of my costume is my electric motorcycle, the wife wont let me go all out crazy on this. But for 20 and paint. Eh.
ebay item # 131726813880

Why has no one on this show used a chainsaw yet?!?!

dude! i was thinking the same thing! i was watching this past episode with my who's a hardcore fan and read all the books. i said i would have gone Ash all over them, and he brought up a good point the chain saw makes too much noise and would bring too many of them.

which now brings up another point of mine... how many zombies do u think were pounding on that giant wall? one scene where dixon and abraham and that chick were driving them down the road it looked like 5,000 if not more. so now after this episode it proves that large number doesn't oppose a threat to them, so whats the point of the show now?

maybe things would have been different if dixon didnt light the lake on fire though? I'm not a hater of the show, i wish i could get into it because its all my friends talk about. but I'm just not digging the writing, the violence and makeup department is out of this world!

i also wondered how much time and artist it took to put all the makeup on the zombies that surrounded the 2 guys on the dumpers... those all look practical to me, that was allot of zombies around them. i really respect the makeup department

Reason why no one uses a chainsaw? For one, gas is more useful for cars than anything else. Another: Despite how Evil Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 make it look, a chainsaw is actually the worse thing to use for zombie killing. You'd be covered in gore from head to toe, not to mention that the chainsaw could get clogged up.

The gas problem aside, I would think swinging a chainsaw around you would be as much a danger to yourself and everyone around you as you would to the zombies..

I don't know how to link it. But would this one with a repair look alright? The expensive part of my costume is my electric motorcycle, the wife wont let me go all out crazy on this. But for 20 and paint. Eh.
ebay item # 131726813880

Well, the price is great but it's tiny at only 24" long, a real RPG-7 is about twice that length, and that's without the rocket attached. If money is an issue, which I can fully appreciate, I'd try building it yourself. With some careful searching for deals on parts and common off the shelf items I'm betting that it could be done for around $100. The main body would be a length of PVC pipe, the back end would be a funnel of some sort which you could source from an auto parts or hardware store. The rest you can source from cheap airsoft parts, either the parts themselves or cannibalize from cheapie airsoft guns, that's if you want to go with the actual RPG used on the show, you could fabricate a lot of the parts yourself if you wanted to make just a stock RPG-7 in black.

I don't even like cutting logs with chainsaws. They are one of the few things that make me nervous when I'm in contact with them. Using a chainsaw in self-defense is literally the scariest thing I could ever think of.

Anyone else catch the car in the far background right before the biker gang explodes? Is it nothing, or could that be Negan?
I'd love it if it were just someone driving and they came across that explosion. :)

I'm guessing it's unintentional and non one noticed, or thought no one else would notice. Then again, if it wasn't intentional, it could easily be retconned into being intentional

Now, I loved this episode, there was some great moments in there. But did I really just see them solve the big zombie exodus out the quarry problem by burning a big load of gas to attract the walkers into the fire and burn to death? AKA what every said they could have done with a few molotovs into the quarry right back at the start of the season and avoided all this mayhem in the first place!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back